I'm looking for a cheap, $250, 1st guitar to play metal. I also want it to be able to grow in to it as I get better
1st guitar is never too nice
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
go for an epiphone SG or a epi les paul great starters =] adn they sound great and are very affordable
Maybe, the Epiphone G-400 or the Epiphone SG Special.
They are great beginners guitars that can be used for any type of sound if you set it up correctly.
No problemo.
Though an alternative (if you're in England or can use (due to area) websites like GAK or Thomann) you could start off with a great tube amp and look at Laney LC (or VC) 15s.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Roland cube 30 or Vox AD15-30.

Great amps for the price.
Quote by Darth Suidar
alright mucho grasias

dude it spelled graCias
if ur going for the realy low end epis not so much since they only have one pup. and u could get a roland micocube
Quote by Darth Suidar
so the sg special has only one pickup?
Which SG special are we talking about I started with one and it has 2.
some one said lowend epiphone usualy have only one pickup. The one I saw looked like it had 2
well anyways no one said anything about the lime six sipderIII amp from what I saw on it it was cool
It's not a first guitar to play metal, it's just a first guitar. It'll be a while before you're playing any metal stuff, and even longer before you get any of it to sound good. Just concern yourself with learning to play the guitar for the time being.

How much budget do you have in total for the guitar and the amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It's not a first guitar to play metal, it's just a first guitar. It'll be a while before you're playing any metal stuff, and even longer before you get any of it to sound good. Just concern yourself with learning to play the guitar for the time being.

How much budget do you have in total for the guitar and the amp.
That's what I was thinking. It doesn't matter what you like, you ain't gonna be able to play it for a while. There's a break-in period where you have to get your body to adjust. Your hands will hurt and it will feel unnatural. You'll be learning metal in no time but before you do, you'll need to get some other things out of the way first.
Quote by Free Time
That's what I was thinking. It doesn't matter what you like, you ain't gonna be able to play it for a while. There's a break-in period where you have to get your body to adjust. Your hands will hurt and it will feel unnatural. You'll be learning metal in no time but before you do, you'll need to get some other things out of the way first.

Im saying I want my first guitar to be one that plays metal because it will be a long time I can get a new guitar
Quote by Darth Suidar
Im saying I want my first guitar to be one that plays metal because it will be a long time I can get a new guitar

The guitar doesn't play metal, the guitarist does...and it's going to be quite a while before you're playing any of it so you don't need to worry about it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A starter guitar + Roland Microcube would be a nice start. Should fit into your budget.
Get yourself a Agile Les Paul... Rondomusic.com has quite a selection.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R