yes
6 6%
no
98 94%
Voters: 104.
hey UG,
im doing an poll for school and i have come to you guys
dont ya feel special :P

do you guys think that the prices of alcohol rising will stop binge drinkers?

personally, i dont think it will
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Last edited by BFMVrrule at Jun 9, 2008,
No.
Does the price of gas stop people from driving more? NO!
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
in case you haven't noticed...
tons of homeless ppl are alcoholics.
So I would say no, because they obviously put alcohol above their income in level of importance.

edit: to the guy above me
are you being sarcastic
or are you really that dumb?
hopefully

but if thats their plan, to binge, they'll find the money from somewhere...or chip in with friends
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by !normajean!
hopefully it would.

or they can stop drinking all together.
even better.

like the time when alcohol was banned in the US?
remember how bad that was?

yea.

rorrroro
what raise the price of a 40 oz. to $4.00? That will really stop binge drinkers...
not in a million years

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
id be more worried about the prices of petrol personally
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Might fuel some punk songs.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Nope.

Cigarette taxes have risen considerably, do you think they stop smoking?

Besides, binge drinking is fun. I would never give it up, no matter what the cost.
no, but I could see quite the uproar over the rise of beer.

and by uproar I mean riot.

with me being a part of it. along with a couple thousand other people from my school alone.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
wow this is amazing guys i didnt think so many people would reply

Quote by chll

I doubt adding 10p to a pint will stop binge drinking.

People aren't going to be bothered about spending an extra £1 over the course of a night, unless they are really tight.

And if they put it up by massive amounts, it'll just piss everyone off and even less people will go to pubs and even more will close down.
Quote by ultimo101
people get hammed at 5x the price at bars.

exactly

or i can get hammered 5 times from one trip to the bottleo

usually the later as a matter of fact, then you go hit the bars
No. Here in Australia a little while ago a tax was put on premix drinks to try to stop underage binge drinking. But now the kids that drink have just moved on to cheap wine and just straight spirits.
I broke my wookie

RIP Syd
No, not at all. It's just making things unfair for everyone. Low standards for all, that's just Communism. This came up in The Telegraph recently, and the journalist said something sound: "Blame the drunk, not the drink."
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Not with my local doing £2.50 double vodka Red Bulls and £1 shots after 11. Not likely no.
Nothing will stop them, short of a ban on alcohol alltogether.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Binge drinking is just ANOTHER excuse for the government to tax us through the nose.

/topic
Quote by freedoms_stain
just cause poor binge drinkers

+1
Exact words I was gonna say haha
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Good old right-wing politics, making excessive alcohol consumption the preserve of the rich. It's a pretty stupid policy. Stupid reactionary idea. It's not the prices that cause people to drink, it's the culture surrounding drinking. And the fact that some people simply like doing it. Raising the prices will raise money for a cash-strapped government, but I haven't seen the slightest reduction in drinking because of it.
Well they only raised the price of mixed drinks, so even though a 6 pack of jimmy is $26 now a 700ml bottle is still only $32, so it won't stop drinking at all, it will just make it worse as more people will buy spirits and mix it themselves.
Quote by AndyMcDandy
"What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?"

People usually don't...
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
Nothing will stop them, short of a ban on alcohol alltogether.

that wont stop drinking - look how well it word in prohibition era america

the uk govt makes far too much money from alcohol tax so there's no way there banning it
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S

Also goon sales have gone through the roof. 4 litres for $8? I know what i'll be buying
Gear:
Ibnaez RG1570 Prestige
Maton EM225C Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Pedal
At Wembley Arena on friday, I heard they were charging £8.40 for a pint of beer. If that didn't stop people drinking, then I hardly see this 10p tax increase stopping much.
great responses guys

Quote by chll

Quote by SmarterChild
Good old right-wing politics, making excessive alcohol consumption the preserve of the rich. It's a pretty stupid policy. Stupid reactionary idea. It's not the prices that cause people to drink, it's the culture surrounding drinking. And the fact that some people simply like doing it. Raising the prices will raise money for a cash-strapped government, but I haven't seen the slightest reduction in drinking because of it.

correction left wing politics, t.s australian, he is reffering to the new, center left, labor goverments decision to increase tax on premixed drinks. supringly the old right wing blocked the move so now they have to wait until july when the upper house of parliment becomes majority labor