Why does everyone hate them so much? They really aren't that bad,I have a Squier bullet thats just as good as my friend's MIM Fender.
Quote by RandyRhoads2
Why does everyone hate them so much? They really aren't that bad,I have a Squier bullet thats just as good as my friend's MIM Fender.

Wow.. thats a BOLD claim.

But i don't hate my Squire Strat. it was one of my first, and i slaped a 'bucker in it to perk it up a bit.

i also "Decorated" it so to speak haha.

They're alright if you mess with them a bit, but they aren't anything spectacular on a professional level. Esspecially Bullets (no offense)

i think the biggest reason people hate them is just the stigma the guitars get from their low price. most people think that nothing cheap can sound or play good.

As i stated, they aren't the worst thing in the world, but they certainly aren't the best
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

I think they're bad because mine would go out of tune all the time, had horrendous action all the time, and didn't really sound that good. That being said it was a great starter and I still have it
Quote by RandyRhoads2
me either,well if I modded it maybe.

I have a squier somewhere (not in my house at the mo but it's somewhere. .well the body is) it's a real beat up candy apple read, got the neck to it, also beat up, and slightly burnt, thinking about sticking it all back toghether with better tuners, nut, bridge, pickups, electronics, etc.
THEN It'll be my second strat (next to my Carvin) and will be gig-worthy. However the tuners and bridge aren't great (it's so old the ball ends are sort of. . . I dunno. . .molded with the bridge) so they NEED to be changed.

But yeah, nearly EVERYONE will vouch for squier's when they're being attacked, but when they're being defendede they will attack them. Pretty messed up forum UG is
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I have a squier somewhere ... Pretty messed up forum UG is

Sure is ... so much regurgitated cr4p, like some Gibson threads where people who probably haven't touched a Gibson would spout sh!t. Even the TS goes ...

Quote by RandyRhoads2

Everyone!?! Almost as bad as those "Am I the only one ..." threads. News flash: There are millions of guitarists out there.

Bullets are trash, I laugh at the notion that one could be equal with a MIM. The Affinity on the otherhand, aren't bad at all. With a pup swap it could be a decent guitar.
I happen to like my affinity tele quite a bit. It is on par with A LOT of MIM fenders I have played but nowhere close to the level of a few of the best MIM's I have played, one of which was playability and feel wise (i.e. not asthetics) on par with my American Strat in just about every way. I like everything about my affinity as I bought it for $115 in BSB (my favorite tele color) and it plays great after I set it up. The only thing that bugs me about the affinity series is that they don't have a string through body...I wonder if there is a way to change that?...
~Nick

P.S. Not sure if it is just the ones I have played but I find the squier teles to be of better quality than the squier strats in almost every instance I have tried. Not sure what the reason for this is...maybe just my luck. Strange since this is not the case at all with MIM's.
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
Apparently, their new Classic Vibe series is really good. I've yet to try them out, but Ippon mentioned positive feedback from those who have.
I know a kid who uses a Squier as his main gigging guitar, and it's very good. Any tone issues comes from him using a Boss effects processor without using a noise gate.
I think they're stepping up quality, but keep in mind, they're meant to be entry level guitars. They're supposed to make you want to move on to Fender later on.
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
Yeah that is what a lot of people say "Squiers suck and blah blah blah" I think the the SX and the Agile series from Rondo Music are much better made and a bit cheaper, lowest one 80 bucks. But hey it is what ever you like, it's your guitar, your choice starting to see the theme here? By the way we all know that ACT guitars are can kick Fenders and Gibon's asses right?!Or is it the other way around...
Quote by RandyRhoads2

i don't think squier's are bad guitar's. BUT they are made of inferior wood.....indian red cedar as compared to your friends mim made from alder.