Thinking about buying a Lowden O10C used for around $1000. I know Andy Mckee plays Lowden and I love his sound (I play fingerstyle as well). What do you guys think?
If I could find a used Lowden for 1K I would snatch it up in a second.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
It is a cutaway with mahogany back and sides, a cedar top, and ebony fretboard (I think). It kinda sucks because there is no way to test it before I buy it and I've never played one. But I've been told its amazing and that if I should want to sell it, I would be able to get my money back.
Last edited by tshare1 at Jun 9, 2008,
Actually, Andy Mckee doesnt generally use a Lowden for his performances. I'm not even sure if he owns one. The Lowden in his videos on youtube are owned by the record label. It's an F body, not sure what model number though.

anyway... Any lowden for around $1000 sounds like a GOOD deal.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yeah, like I said thats a really good price for one. I know Damien Rice uses/has used them if that helps at all.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I have 3 Lowdens, one a Lowden O10C. They are the best acoustics ever. once you have one you will never play anything less. I have Gibsons which now gather dust. The 010c is a monster in terms of tone and puts Martins, Taylors and production models in the shade. Hand built and it shows. You'll never get a 010c for under $1000 though. I'm selling my 010c its 6 months old with fishman underbridge pickup but its over $3000. The only other guitar thats comparable to the Lowden is a McIlroy. Dermot was a luthier at Lowden for 6 years and his hand built guitars are so similar but just, if not more expensive. I have McIlroy A30c and while not as subtle as the Lowden it is best described as a Lowden on steriods. If you can get to purchase either guitars you will not be dissapointed. Because of the availabilty of either guitars, they do not lose if any they increase in value, as older 2-6 year models are starting to mature in sound.