Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the most anticipated games ever and will close out the journey of Solid Snake.

It will be released this coming Thursday.... June 12, 2008 on the PS3.

(It would be great if the mods allow us to keep all the MGS4 talk in here as the video game thread tends to move a little too fast. Metal Gear Solid is truly more than a video game.)

CLICK HERE FOR THE 2008 TRAILER
Last edited by TexasRG at Jun 9, 2008,
NO!

Keep it in the Gaming thread! Please????

We always have MGS4 talk! You can just hop on in!

Please...

Gaming thread
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Msu_Man04
Metal Gear Solid (PS1) > All Other Metal Gears.

I would have to agree, but this new one looks like it will give the first one a run for its money.
MGS3: Snake Eater = win.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Msu_Man04
Metal Gear Solid (PS1) > All Other Metal Gears.

I agree with this.

Also - we have a seperate Zelda thread. Why not a seperate Metal Gear thread?
Metal Gear's story and cinematics pretty much pwn most things Hollywood churns out nowadays.

However, the boxart looks horrendous on the standard edition. It's going to be sweet boxart for the other three, then a whopping face OF OLD MAN right there. And there's no way I am going to pay $80 for the SE.
Quote by TexasRG
Who all is picking it up Thursday?

I would but I have no PS3. I'd like them to release it on 360, though.
Quote by NowhereOutThere
Metal Gear's story and cinematics pretty much pwn most things Hollywood churns out nowadays.

I heard they were supposed to make a movie. With Christian Bale as Snake.
This is the only game I would even consider buying a PS3 for.

I need friends who will let me borrow it or something, I've followed the series for so long.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
If you buy a PS3 right now at Wal-Mart you get a $100 gift card for free! Use that gift card to buy HDMI cables if you have an HDTV and Metal Gear Solid4. Heck of a deal.
Don't pay more than $20 for an HDMI cable. They're all the same, you can get a 6ft one online for $5.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
I love MGS but they taken it from 'epic' to 'cheesy' in the last couple of games, which was tolerable, but the MGS4 trailer looks crazy 'cheesy'

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
I love MGS but they taken it from 'epic' to 'cheesy' in the last couple of games, which was tolerable, but the MGS4 trailer looks crazy 'cheesy'

The demo was amazing! I'm soooo looking forward to buying it!!
Okay, did you just spoil the game in the title of this thread?

If so, Krisnera zhazh tan vred
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Red33
Okay, did you just spoil the game in the title of this thread?

If so, Krisnera zhazh tan vred

Its common knowledge that this will be the last Metal Gear games involving Solid Snake.
I still haven't played the original trilogy for PS1/2 yet I've had the system for ages. I should get around to it...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
I still haven't played the original trilogy for PS1/2 yet I've had the system for ages. I should get around to it...

IMO, you're not missing much; google the story or something; you can probably download the games online.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Riddler
IMO, you're not missing much; google the story or something; you can probably download the games online.

Eh, I want to experience it first hand. They sell all three for $30 in a package, which isn't much and I don't like downloading games or playing with a keyboard and mouse.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Eh, I want to experience it first hand. They sell all three for $30 in a package, which isn't much and I don't like downloading games or playing with a keyboard and mouse.

You can't beat it for 30 bucks, the first one is the best followed by the 3rd. The second is still good though.
i played the first MGS when i was like 5, i've been hooked ever since. One of the best game series EVER
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Raiden dies.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by Saofan12
this isnt the gaming thread! i dont mind game talk but why? lol

I think MGS4 deserves its own thread... its the end of an era and one of the most popular games. Plus, the gaming thread moves wayyyy to fast.
i hope they keep it ps3 only we need some decent releases and xbox is pwning us right for title we can't get ;(
song stuck in my head today

Quote by lbc_sublime
i hope they keep it ps3 only we need some decent releases and xbox is pwning us right for title we can't get ;(

Please don't let this turn into a fanboy thread. The PS3 is doing very well and gaining momentum. Now back to MGS4.