So my friend Mike who can not make a decision for his life was asking me about what guitar he should buy next. I thought I would get some of your opinions before telling him. Right now he has a MIM Strat. Just as good as mine, which is good. His price range is between 500-800 USD.

This is what he is looking at (in no specific order)

1. Epiphone Les Paul Std.
2. Epiphone Les Paul Custom
3. PRS SE Custom
4. Fender Classic Player 60's Strat
5. Gibson SG Faded

Im pretty sure he has played all. Cant make a decision. Also, open to suggestions. Style of play is basically same as me, blues, classic rock, GNR. And he plays through a Peavey 30/112.
I'll disqualify the Strat for the sake of discussion, it's really completely different and incomparable to the other 4.

The Epi LP's have lousy pickups and wiring, but are otherwise decent guitars. If your friend has enough money saved for a pickup swap, he might want to look into that.

The PRS and the SG are are similar from my experience; they're both lower- end models from high- end companies. They both, especially the SG, feel a bit cheap, at least from my experience.

If it were me, I'd get a used Epi Elitist Les Paul or Gibson LP studio, provided he wants to go with humbuckers. Again, the Strat's really difficult to compare to the others.
I have a Faded and my friend has a MIM Strat that we swap. I think since he has a Strat he should get something with buckers and not another Strat. I personally dig SGs over LPs but that's just me.

I don't know much about the PRS. I suggest the Faded or the PRS
From reviews I have seen all look like they would be an 8 or 9 out of ten. He just cant decide. Btw free time nice garth algar avatar.