Page 1 of 3
I cant decide between an 80 gig zune or ipod. I'm leaning towards the zune because it has a bigger screen. for anyone that has a zune or ipod, is that worth getting a zune or would the ipod be the better choice?
Listen to CKY.
be prepared for people telling you that ipods are overpriced and useless.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
iPod. Apple > Microsoft.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Ipod all my friends that have had zunes have either broken them or sold them to get ipods.
iTunes is better software, Zune is Better hardware..

Learn to work the Zune software just right and it will kick any iPods ass any day..
There are many free iPod video converters..but WAIT they convert to mp4 which Zune is compatible with...BUT heres the drawback, the mp4 movie has to be converted by Zune Software to wmv before it gets on the Hardware..

It really depends on how patient you are. but I say go with Zune.
ive got an ipod and am perfectly happy with it, iduno much about zunes other then they have a gay name
Time to say it Ipods are overpriced. I have friends who have spent more on their Ipod than I have on my Creative(which holds more). The zune is cheaper than the ipod when you are talking about size to price. If you have a lot of music get the Zune.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Zune... the only way iPods are decent is if you put rockbox on them. If you are willing to do that than an ipod may be better, if not id go with a zune. Not to mention that itunes is frustratingly crappy and there is no alternative with an ipod that works well with videos.
i like my ipod classic, 250 bucks brand new for 80 gb, thats not over priced, but i do hate itunes, its a pain in the ass. I would still go with the ipod classic over anything else though. not the new ones, go oldschool
Quote by FireandFlames
Neither. Carry around a ghetto blaster and blast your tunes from that.

You can always plug the ghetto blasters into an iPod.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Quote by FireandFlames
Neither. Carry around a ghetto blaster and blast your tunes from that.

People call them ghetto blasters? What is this? The 80s?
it depends on what you're looking for. for something small/for the gym (like what i need) i'd say an iPod. for something large for plane/car rides or overall media, i'd say Zune.
i say zune. lest software problems from my exp.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by JungIe
You can always plug the ghetto blasters into an iPod.

dis shit ain't got no iPod plug, yo

Spam aside, get a Zune TS.
I've heard that the first generation Zunes have tons of problems, but the second generation (I think they're out now..) are supposedly much better.
Ipod all the way. All my friends have had zunes, creatives, walkmans etc, All turned to Ipods after using mine, I tunes is IMO one of the best programs around for music. I hate all others.

But i have to admit, i am an apple fanboy
i have a friend who has dropped his zune out of moving vehicles on numerous occasions (im not sure how, but thats beside the point), and his zune still functions correctly. i also have dropped my zune on hard pavement/floors more than a few times and it is fine. ipods arent so lucky with that most of the time. zunes also have a brighter screen than ipods. but, ive recently noticed that my zunes battery will drain without it even being on in only a couple of hours, but only sometimes. both itunes and zune marketplace are hella easy to use. the itouch/iphone is way more fun to use than a zune, but if a zune had a touchscreen, itd be badass too.

i prefer zune simply because apple seems to be what everyone uses to be different, but at the same time, it seems like everyone has an ipod. not as many people have zunes, but they are getting bigger. id say the overall quality of both is pretty much equal, and it comes down to whou want to support more.
iTunes doesn't bother me.

But, over the past year, I've grown to despise my iPod. It was great at first. But, it's like it becomes a piece of trash when the warranty runs out. I've had to spend $30 to replace the battery, I always have trouble charging the damn thing, it's difficult to turn it off at times, and it seems to just randomly die when I leave it alone for a day

I have no experience with a Zune. That's all I can tell you.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Zunes have horrible battery life and over time it just gets shorter.
Zunes are also only compatable with Windows while ipods are universal.
The share feature on a Zune is useless because nearly nobody even uses Zunes.
I had a Zune, i hated it. I got a 160gb ipod and, unlike the zune, its beautiful and efficient.
Quote by tim5_ICT
i have a friend who has dropped his zune out of moving vehicles on numerous occasions (im not sure how, but thats beside the point), and his zune still functions correctly. i also have dropped my zune on hard pavement/floors more than a few times and it is fine. ipods arent so lucky with that most of the time. zunes also have a brighter screen than ipods. but, ive recently noticed that my zunes battery will drain without it even being on in only a couple of hours, but only sometimes. both itunes and zune marketplace are hella easy to use. the itouch/iphone is way more fun to use than a zune, but if a zune had a touchscreen, itd be badass too.

i prefer zune simply because apple seems to be what everyone uses to be different, but at the same time, it seems like everyone has an ipod. not as many people have zunes, but they are getting bigger. id say the overall quality of both is pretty much equal, and it comes down to whou want to support more.

Just don't drop your 200-400 dollar pieces of equipment eh?

And I don't think anyone gets an Ipod to be different.
Quote by Luizza69
Zunes have horrible battery life and over time it just gets shorter.
Zunes are also only compatable with Windows while ipods are universal.
The share feature on a Zune is useless because nearly nobody even uses Zunes.
I had a Zune, i hated it. I got a 160gb ipod and, unlike the zune, its beautiful and efficient.

ALL chargeable batteries are like that. And iPods don't have the best battery life, either.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
/\
ha your sig is an oxymoron

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
/\
ha your sig is an oxymoron

Ha, you obviously have no idea what an oxymoron really is.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

ipods are better than zunes and i will provide a detailed list

1) microsoft sucks
2) iTunes>whatever the hell zune has
3) Do you want to hit a button to move through your songs on a zune? or would you rather flick your thumb and scroll through them with a touch sensative scroll wheel
4) ipods look cooler
5) you can mod your ipod at www.ipodhacking.com
6) you look like a loser with a zune
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Ha, you obviously have no idea what an oxymoron really is.

oh really now

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0

1) microsoft sucks
3) Do you want to hit a button to move through your songs on a zune? or would you rather flick your thumb and scroll through them with a touch sensative scroll wheel
4) ipods look cooler

Wow, that's stupid.
Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0

1) microsoft sucks
4) ipods look cooler

Nominee for worst list ever?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i have a iPod and a zune. had my iPod for 2 1/2 years and have had basically no problems, except now my battery only lasts for a day or so. i found a brand new 30 gig zune for $100 and couldnt pass it up. at first the program reallllllllllllly sucked but there was a new update and i can now change the song and artist info without any problems. its really up to you which one you want, both are really nice and worth your money
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
oh really now

You're a moron.
Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0

1) microsoft sucks
4) ipods look cooler

1. Opinion
2. Opinion
3. I've tried using a scroll wheel on an iPod and have skipped over what I wanted to use more than enough times.
4. Opinion.
5. So what?
6. Who's to say you won't look like a loser with an iPod?

You fail to provide any factual information as to how they are better.
And to Haha Crackhead, if you charge the iPod while the battery is full or halfway full, it has a bad effect on the life of the battery itself. This applies to all batteries that run on the Lithium-Ion stuff.
Quote by Audio™
You're a moron.

Thank you.

But, he's probably still clueless.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Page 1 of 3