I know what it is, and I can kind of do it, but obviously not well. Does anyone have any advice for practicing and/or learning the picking or any methods they use to do so. In advance all help is greatly appreciated.
make sure that you have zero tension in your shoulder/forearm. the motion has to be all in the wrist. Also, as aforementioned, use a metronome.
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Make sure you've got your arm anchored/resting on the guitar, somewhere on your forearm. Also be sure to use only your wrist, and make sure the alternate picking motion is very tight. The tighter, the faster you'll be able to go. To get up to like Dick Dale speed, just practice alternate picking but slowly getting faster. Have fun!
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Practise your up stroke picking for a couple of weeks, your playing will increase dramaticly ( assuming that you are more accomplished on down strokes than you are up strokes ).
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
Don't worry about it too much, it's not like it's a crucial technique. Just work on your normal picking, as you get faster and more accurate tremolo picking will come to you a lot easier.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com