Are there any of you here that can play guitar and sing at the same time?

I need tips on how i can get better at this.

I play guitar and i'm a well player but i haven't tried singing, i would really want to do both
The songs i had in mind for singing and playing are songs like, wonderwall, and i love her, babe i'm gonna leave you, and other acoustic songs.

Any tips would be appreciated
It takes ALOT of practice. Start with easier songs like: Rockin in the free world, last kiss, wish you were here etc. and gradually work your way up in difficulty on the guitar while singing.

pepsi
any tips on how to sing?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Yeah, start with songs where the vocals have the same melody as the rythm guitar part, it ca be a pain singing a different meoldy as to which you're playing till you get used to it.
try blowin' in the wind by bob dylan, good starting point IMO
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Look at it as two different instruments and practice both. Your guitar is one instrument and your voice is another. You should practice each separately until you can do so with out thinking too much about it, and then try combining them. A good way to get the sound in your head is to record your guitar part and then sing over it. I hope this helps,
Peace
You know, we get a lot of questions about singing. Maybe there should be a thread dedicated to it.

Oh, Psych!

Be good at singing and playing. If you can't sing to begin with, do you really think you'll be great when you try to do that and play the guitar at the same time?

Start with easy stuff and practice a lot.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
You know, we get a lot of questions about singing. Maybe there should be a thread dedicated to it.

Oh, Psych!

Be good at singing and playing. If you can't sing to begin with, do you really think you'll be great when you try to do that and play the guitar at the same time?

Start with easy stuff and practice a lot.

what she said. this is like the second time today i've seen this kinda thread. you need to be able to play the song so that you don't have to think about it. you should be able to hold an intelligent conversation with somebody while playing it. thats a good sign you're ready to start singing it.
Uh... sing?
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Quote by BFMV fan
Are there any of you here that can play guitar and sing at the same time?

I need tips on how i can get better at this.

I play guitar and i'm a well player but i haven't tried singing, i would really want to do both
The songs i had in mind for singing and playing are songs like, wonderwall, and i love her, babe i'm gonna leave you, and other acoustic songs.

Any tips would be appreciated

the way to get better at it is the same way to get better at anything. Practice.

You like wonderwall? learn the guitar part, and start singing along. At 1st it will seem hard, maybe even impossible. Just keep trying it gets easier.

at 1st, stick with easy songs.
shred is gaudy music