Hey.

My girlfriends dad got an ibanez from a buddy of his. Its a great guitar but the neck is a little warped. He told me he'd sell it for $50 if i wanted it.

The problem is, i'm not sure if its worth it. It's still playable, but the action toward the body is alot higher than the action at the stock.

Is it an easy fix, or is it something i would have to take to the local shop to get fixed?
even if you take it to your local shop it'll still be worth 50bux + the money you pay at the local shop

what model is it by the way
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Model name? It could be well worth over what your paying.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
whats the model? if its a nice model take it! truss rods are simple, just gotta be careful
What model??
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Pics?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I can have pics by tomorrow, i live somewhat far from my girlfriend so its a bit of a problem.

As for the model, i will edit in a few with the model name.

EDIT: I called her dad and he said he's pretty sure its an SV5470
Last edited by A7X4LYFE at Jun 9, 2008,
Well, the guy he got it from used to play out alot, but just lost his enthusiasm.

As it turns out, the guitar spent a summer and a winter in the basement (which is what screwed the neck) and then he just decided he needed to get rid of it.

Which is how it made it to my girlfriends dad, and now soon to me!

Aside from the neck, the body is flawless and the electronics are great!
has got a bolt on neck? couldnt you just replace the neck if thats your only problem? adjust the trust rod maybe? yeah if you could fix that neck that would be pwnin.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Ibanez guitars make good firewood. Save the parts though for spares, you never know when you might need a new part!

Erm...that was a joke. If only sarcasm wasn't lost on teh_intarwebz
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Its not a SV5470, if he had it long enough to have it for a summer and a winter, since those came out this year.
Quote by jake911
Its not a SV5470, if he had it long enough to have it for a summer and a winter, since those came out this year.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will get a definite model from the guy who bought it originally.

Its still a wonderful deal though!
Wow $50 for any Ibanez I'd say is a good deal as long as it's in fairly good condition.
YEAH
Get it. If you cant fix the neck there always the option to buy another. They cant be more than 70~100 buck.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

keep us updated as to what model it is though. Imagine it was jem. 10th anniversary :O

now I'm going too far.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by SamTotman
keep us updated as to what model it is though. Imagine it was jem. 10th anniversary :O

now I'm going too far.

is that the engraved one wit the metal pick guard?

id cry if he got it for 50 bucks
^ mE too!
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
As for the model, the guy said he wasnt sure. I have a description if someone is willing to search for me.

Its a kinda a greenish-blue color, no pickguard. Bucker/single/bucker lineup. Whammy w/ floating bridge, locking tuners. 24 frets.

The guy said it had a $1000-$1400 pricetag.

I hope that helps.

And sorry its not the 10th anniversary one, its a dissapointment.

If anyone can tell me the exact model that would be nice.
Last edited by A7X4LYFE at Jun 10, 2008,
For $50 you can't go wrong. Even if the neck is beyond repair, you can pick up a new neck for cheap and wack it on. Instant bargain guitar. Really, why the guy is selling it is beyond me, the whole point of bolt on's is for this kind of thing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
well, obviously, we've established that the guitar is worth something more than what you're getting it for, so take it to a shop