Does anyone know what kind of gear tat Nick13, the guitarist of Tiger Army, uses? I'm just curious, mainly about the distortion/OD.

Thanks to any (useful) responses!
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Yeah, I know he uses Grestches (once I get the money I will too), but my question is more towards what kind of pedals he has and uses.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
You could get that sound from a SD-1 by Boss, it's a Super Overdrive pedal, for that softer sounding OD.
I got some good guitars, yo.
What about the MXR Distortion Plus?

I got this Brian Setzer "style" DVD for my birthday a month or so back and the guy in the video said that the Super OverDrive had too much "buzz" and wasn't able to make it sound right. I mean, I probably should have said this before, but I want to be able to get the "clip" found in the Brian Setzer Orchestra guitar parts as well.

The guy said that the pedal he was using was called "distortion plus", and google filled in the MXR part. Would that do it, or is he talking about another distortion plus?
Quote by Pauldapro
heres your chance to ask:

Dr.

Drew and Stryker welcome back Tiger Army's Nick 13 to their radio show "Loveline" TONITE, Tuesday, June 10th from 10pm-midnite (Pacific Standard Time)!

The show airs on 106.7 FM KROQ in Los Angeles & Orange County.

It's also nationally syndicated and airs all over the country, so check your local listings or at Lovelineshow. com for times and stations!

You can also call or e-mail in with questions about love, sex or Tiger Army during the show!

Call: 1-800-LOVE-191 (1-800-568-3191)

Or email: questions@lovelineshow.com

If you're not in the States or can't tune in, listen to it streaming online on your computer at KROQ. com! We've heard from a few people about a charge? It should be free on KROQ's site and if not, there's got to be more than one major radio station in the US that plays streaming online for free that carries the show.

T♠A♠N♠D
, no way? Wouldn't that be a little strange to ask that kind of question on Loveline?

I listen to that station every once and a while (It's Live 105 where I am).

Okay, here's the email I plan on sending, let me know if it sounds to kiss-ass-y, or whatever:

Hey, My name's Chris Parker, and I live in Morgan Hill, CA. I listen to Live 105 all the time, and the same goes for Loveline. I miss Adam, but Stryker's doing a great job!

I'm a guitarist, and I heard that you're going to have Nick 13 of Tiger Army on the show tonight. I've been trying to figure out what kind of pedals/stompboxes he has in the way of distortion/overdrive, just how he gets that bite with his Gretsch. I love the band, and psychobilly as a whole, and they're doing a great job. Do you guys think you could either show this to Nick, or even ask him? Any kind of response would be beyond awesome!

Peace out, you're all doing a great job, station-wise and band-wise, keep it up!

- Chris

P.S., I'll probably be calling in for the show later on tonight just be sure!
Quote by Pauldapro
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by Chris_Parker
, no way? Wouldn't that be a little strange to ask that kind of question on Loveline?

I listen to that station every once and a while (It's Live 105 where I am).

Okay, here's the email I plan on sending, let me know if it sounds to kiss-ass-y, or whatever:

Hey, My name's Chris Parker, and I live in Morgan Hill, CA. I listen to Live 105 all the time, and the same goes for Loveline. I miss Adam, but Stryker's doing a great job!

I'm a guitarist, and I heard that you're going to have Nick 13 of Tiger Army on the show tonight. I've been trying to figure out what kind of pedals/stompboxes he has in the way of distortion/overdrive, just how he gets that bite with his Gretsch. I love the band, and psychobilly as a whole, and they're doing a great job. Do you guys think you could either show this to Nick, or even ask him? Any kind of response would be beyond awesome!

Peace out, you're all doing a great job, station-wise and band-wise, keep it up!

- Chris

P.S., I'll probably be calling in for the show later on tonight just be sure!
sorry i was away. any luck?
Nah...

But some crazy chick asked what he would do if he suddenly became invisible.
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by Chris_Parker
Nah...

But some crazy chick asked what he would do if he suddenly became invisible.

Yeah, just what I was thinking.

I guess I know not to use the email as a question-asking medium for radio stations.

I would try the band directly, but all I would get would be the management, so that's a dead-end...
Quote by Pauldapro