so im looking into getting a new amp, i read a bit on the Carvin Legacy and it sounds pretty good to me. but the thing is, i also own a Jem7v, and ill feel like a tool if i have Vai's signature amp AND guitar. however it is pretty cheap compared to a marshall JCM stack, and its good enough for Steve right? so anyway my question is, if you've tried or own one, what was your experience with it?
i was actually looking at a Carvin MTS3212 before i got my Rivera, but i thought the Carvin was pretty good, especially for the price
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
yeah thats the biggest attraction for me, im not quite what youd call wealthy... or employed.
carvin makes great products, i myself have never played the legacy, but i have never had a negative experience with anything they make.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
okay, well the main thing here is.... is it worth being a steve vai wannabe to have this amp
The legacy is an awesome amp, but it really is a lead guitar amp, but it has by far the best clean channel i have ever heard, it has heaps of body and sounds amazing.

The MTS is more for rhythm and lead and sounds great, the gain distortion is very versatile and is nice and chunky, but the clean isn't anywhere near as good as the Legacy.

The V3 is an incredible amp (haven't played it yet though).

Theres a rundown on Carvin in general, i love them. The Carvin cabs are also really good(I have the MTS412), and their SX amps sound awesome but mine broke.
I ordered one last week, it should be coming in the mail soon. When it does I'll let you know and give you my thoughts if you still need them.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
just get it, dont worry about people thinking ur tool. its got be one of the best amps out there if vai uses it, get his whole rig, its good for u if u have it
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.