Page 1 of 3
Wrong.
Replace your bassist with a mini-fridge.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
its a play on the Robert Johnson myth guys.

Try to learn something other than how to fap.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by black-sabbath
Wrong.
Replace your bassist with a mini-fridge.

Replace your Guitar Hero with a girlfriend.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
as a bassist i officially say....

you suck. without bassists, music wouldn't be nearly as good.
get off of your guitar high.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

It's working
Easy, keep being a dick. Then you'll turn everyone away. The easiest way to piss off a bassist is to be a self righteous prick with a guitar and tell them how to write their basslines.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

well we could just use whammy pedals or detune a lot.. or is that too much?
Wow. Not funny at all. It would be funnier if it were calling someone (bass players?) cheap. But really, rock/metal music wouldnt be nearly as good without bass players. Just look at the Fall of Troy, Cliff-era Metallica, Mudvayne, The Strokes, or a ton more bands. And without bass, Jazz wouldnt be nearly as good, either.
you could tell them to stop using a practice guitar and buy a real one. if that doesnt confuse them that should anger them.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by metaldud536
why's he gotta be black?

why the hell not?? Bass players can be black
Quote by babyboo666
It's working

yeah, i suppose it is.

but seriously, why bother? do you enjoy it when people hate you? do you really think bassists are that inferior?

it's been a long day for me... that's why i'm reacting so strongly
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Bass players are nothing without a band, bands are nothing without a bass player.
I'm a bass player, but can't we just lighten up a bit? We've got our share of guitarist jokes too...
C'mon bassists, you guys know that we're jealous that you make heavy stuff heavier and funky stuff funkier. We just have to take cheap shots at your instrument to make ourselves feel better
Quote by qotsa1998
Wow. Not funny at all. It would be funnier if it were calling someone (bass players?) cheap. But really, rock/metal music wouldnt be nearly as good without bass players. Just look at the Fall of Troy, Cliff-era Metallica, Mudvayne, The Strokes, or a ton more bands. And without bass, Jazz wouldnt be nearly as good, either.

The point wasn't necessarily that bass players are useless. It seems more like no one would notice a bass player who possessed a great talent for his instrument which is really true bass players aren't appreciated the way they should be. Either way i got a good laugh and sent my bassist the link .
'62 reissue Mexican Fender Stratocaster.

Fender Blues Junior

Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Electro Harmonix NYC Big Muff
Ibanez TS9 tube screamer
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
Electro Harmonix Micro P.O.G
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

As a person who fluctuates between lead guitar and bass, I can say that one really does not sound good without the other. A lot of people SHOULD all get off their guitar high, but bassists shouldn't be so touchy about it.

Quote by corrylb19
I'm a bass player, but can't we just lighten up a bit? We've got our share of guitarist jokes too...

Really?

*Visits bass forum*
Last edited by synpet713192 at Jun 9, 2008,
its funny, but i know tht when I write a bassline, i try to avoid boring-ness. my bass player always has something to do
I'm a bassist... I thought that was a pretty funny comic.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Bass players are nothing without a band, bands are nothing without a bass player.

Wolves in the throne room
i wouldn't mind giving up a dollar to be the world's greatest bass player that would be sick
Dick+strings= owww
Be quiet guys. Everyone knows that we guitarists are jealous because Bass Players can play notes low enough to pleasure a woman. And they finger better.

Are you bassists happy now?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by BodaciousZac
The fact that you're trying to piss of bass players is more annoying than the cartoon.

the fact that its a joke makes it funny.
Shiiit.
I have seen tons of guitarists, but nothing is as entertaining as watching my girlfriend slap.
I love how people are actually getting mad. I'm a bassist too, but I can appreciate a bass joke every now and then
I play both guitar and bass, and thought it was funny. Like The-Joker said bass players are usally overlooked even though without them alot of the great music would suck without theme.

Think about it this way, the common man will know who Jimi Hendrix is, but would have no clue who Victor Wooten is.
Gear:
American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Blues Junior
Vox Wah
Not funny, I'm a guitarist who occassionally plays Bass and I highly respect that instrument. IMHO, advanced Bass is HARDER than advanced Guitar, so I see no reason to diss Bassists. Apparently it has become "cool" on UG to diss them.

Dont get my wrong, I chuckled a bit when I first read it, but we really dont need to be telling as many Bassist jokes as we do, I seem them left-and-right.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Last edited by Metalcoresoul at Jun 9, 2008,
Page 1 of 3