so I was reading those story's about what is the stupidest thing you have done in a music store. A number of people have said they have played stairway to heaven. i want to know whats so bad about playing it :/
i dont get it either...
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
it's a cliche by now. that, sweet child o' mine, and eruption are the unholy trio that should never be played in music stores.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by Underjoggle
Wayne's World.

they must not have seen it
waynes world
party time
excellent!
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Because it's become such a show-offy song that everyone knows how to play. It doesn't really show much talent, or difference anymore. And it makes it seem even more like you're trying to show off your skills instead of try out the guitar.
I mean, everyone already knows once you start playing that you're trying to show off, but playing Stairway to Heaven is just like "GUESS WHAT. I'M ****ING SHOWING OFF!"
It's on the same level as playing Higher Ground for bass players, or classical Thump.
"LOOK AT ME I CAN SLAP!"
Quote by Underjoggle
Wayne's World.

<--------------

I'd be suprised if most of the 14 year olds on here have even heard of it.
hmm ooh i get it now. haha thank you. because it that thread I was confused why so many people said that
Quote by Free Time
<--------------

I'd be suprised if most of the 14 year olds on here have even heard of it.

I've heard of it...never seen it though...
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
oh Ive seen waynes world. I mean cmon it was tooken in illinois. hell the spindle in the harlem plaze. I live close by that ...I havent seen it in awhile though D:
Even though I hate people playing Stairway to Heaven and Eruption and Sweet Child. I think it's worse when 12 year olds crank the amp and play Teen Spirit. Anyone else hate that?
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
Quote by pcell619
Even though I hate people playing Stairway to Heaven and Eruption and Sweet Child. I think it's worse when 12 year olds crank the amp and play Teen Spirit. Anyone else hate that?

yes
Quote by venom0014
look on the bright side, at least your not black.
wow now i feel like a noob i play the tap in eruption all the time, but i just like taping and its the most recognizable, that and the power rangers theme song.
also on pcell's thing i agree but its worse when they just pick up an epi lp and plug it in, then when they try to play sweet child o mine they get all mad cause it doesnt sound exactly like slash's. i also hate when your talking about guitarists to another guitar player and he doesnt know half the people your talking about. it gets old when you have to tell someone who synister gates, herman li, kirk hammett, james hetfield, and dave mustaine to name a few. i mean should a guitarist know the standards of guitar players whether they be good or not?
ive never heard anyone playing stairway, sweet child or eruption. in my guitar center its usually a bunch of young kids who play iron man, smoke on the water, and stuff like that. or we get the crazy metalheads that turn up the amps incredibly loud and play their music so no one can hear anything.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
people playing "Stairway" on Spiders with the insane setting on.

That was the day of my first guitar "duel"

oh what a day that was.

EDIT: In b4 pics, dicks, or tits or gtfo

Tell me more about this 'duel', for I am fascinated.
Quote by hidgfujzaieity
ive never heard anyone playing stairway, sweet child or eruption. in my guitar center its usually a bunch of young kids who play iron man, smoke on the water, and stuff like that. or we get the crazy metalheads that turn up the amps incredibly loud and play their music so no one can hear anything.

lol i hate those metal people they just do ramndom sweeps im not even sure they have any backing to them, not that i can make out each individual note since their palying it so fast though. i just wish i could learn to sweep the only one i know is the intro to fade to black lol,
Quote by black-sabbath
I've heard of it...never seen it though...

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by loliluver321
oh Ive seen waynes world. I mean cmon it was tooken in illinois. hell the spindle in the harlem plaze. I live close by that ...I havent seen it in awhile though D:

"tooken"?
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I was in Guitar Center one day in April trying out a ValveKing(the very same one I own ) and I notice this cacaphonious noise coming from the other side of the amp "wall" we have at my local GC. The noise started to bother me so I walked over and to my dismay, it was 4 scene kids playing "Stairway" on the insane setting. "Could you play something that sounds, you know, harmonious? There are people trying to buy things in here and it's kind of distracting." So the kid who was causing the ruckus stands up and says, "I challenge you to a guitar-off". I asked if he was serious and he was. So we both sat down. I sat down at my ValveKing and played "Six" and the part of "Cliffs of Dover" that I knew. When I get about halfway through "Cliffs" the kid gets up and leaves, friends in tow. And as they're walking out they look at me like I'm stupid.

tl;dr: I was in GC some day and this scene kid challenged me to a guitar duel and walked away during it.

I know people are going to call bull****, shenanigans, etc, but it's true.
Quote by F8iscruel
lol i hate those metal people they just do ramndom sweeps im not even sure they have any backing to them, not that i can make out each individual note since their palying it so fast though. i just wish i could learn to sweep the only one i know is the intro to fade to black lol,

oh god yeah. Sometimes i don't mind, but when it gets darker that when they ALL come. Then it gets annoying
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I was in Guitar Center one day in April trying out a ValveKing(the very same one I own ) and I notice this cacaphonious noise coming from the other side of the amp "wall" we have at my local GC. The noise started to bother me so I walked over and to my dismay, it was 4 scene kids playing "Stairway" on the insane setting. "Could you play something that sounds, you know, harmonious? There are people trying to buy things in here and it's kind of distracting." So the kid who was causing the ruckus stands up and says, "I challenge you to a guitar-off". I asked if he was serious and he was. So we both sat down. I sat down at my ValveKing and played "Six" and the part of "Cliffs of Dover" that I knew. When I get about halfway through "Cliffs" the kid gets up and leaves, friends in tow. And as they're walking out they look at me like I'm stupid.

tl;dr: I was in GC some day and this scene kid challenged me to a guitar duel and walked away during it.

Very nice, sir.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr

i know six is a challenging song and all but could you have played two so songs that werent in guitar hero, or did you play them to make the punks know what it was, also can you do that part of cliffs where eric johnson is doing that wierd note setup i think where it goes form the 5th fret of the tiny e string to other notes. im not that great unless you paly me in gh then ill dominate it.
Quote by F8iscruel
i know six is a challenging song and all but could you have played two so songs that werent in guitar hero, or did you play them to make the punks know what it was, also can you do that part of cliffs where eric johnson is doing that wierd note setup i think where it goes form the 5th fret of the tiny e string to other notes. im not that great unless you paly me in gh then ill dominate it.

It's a little bit of both. 1)because they'd know it and 2)they're both songs I really like.

either way, Guitar Hero's how I learn songs. If I can't ever think of any I go off of songs from GH that I like.

and no I can't. I wish
Quote by loliluver321
oh god yeah. Sometimes i don't mind, but when it gets darker that when they ALL come. Then it gets annoying

i hate them so much espcially when its like three big groups of metal dudes. i mean they are better than me but this is one of those times where you can literally say there is no heart in their playing they are playing fast for the sake of showing off. i envy them that they learned to sweep but they are abusing it. and you cant even ask them any questions on their playing style since their stuck up snobs becasue they think they rz the bestest guitarist in the world.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
It's a little bit of both. 1)because they'd know it and 2)they're both songs I really like.

either way, Guitar Hero's how I learn songs. If I can't ever think of any I go off of songs from GH that I like.

and no I can't. I wish

you should have just done the super fast intro of ttfatfs that would make it more interesting or raining blood lol they sound so complex but are just quite simple well i guess ttfatf is a little more complex that it sounds lol. but you should have dragged it out. taunt them you know playing somthing sper simple then get them to play somthing, then when they feel all high and mighty pull out the big guns and make them feel so pathetic they never go into GC and the world has one less d*ck playing guitar
Quote by F8iscruel
i hate them so much espcially when its like three big groups of metal dudes. i mean they are better than me but this is one of those times where you can literally say there is no heart in their playing they are playing fast for the sake of showing off. i envy them that they learned to sweep but they are abusing it. and you cant even ask them any questions on their playing style since their stuck up snobs becasue they think they rz the bestest guitarist in the world.

yeah I know. i almost got in a fight with one of them. because I was with my friends. And we were palying. A big group was there. then there was one specifically who wouldnt turn the amp down. Then I said things like how if he was going to blast the amp at least play good> D: because he was really sucking. Anyway i said things he said things. I told him stop talking **** and fight me outside. He pussied out. Well the sales person broke it up. I have a realllyy bad temper, sometimes I cant controll it then sometimes regret saying things. but hey that was in the past.
Quote by F8iscruel
you should have just done the super fast intro of ttfatfs that would make it more interesting or raining blood lol they sound so complex but are just quite simple well i guess ttfatf is a little more complex that it sounds lol. but you should have dragged it out. taunt them you know playing somthing sper simple then get them to play somthing, then when they feel all high and mighty pull out the big guns and make them feel so pathetic they never go into GC and the world has one less d*ck playing guitar

the intro's on the keyboard. but I saw one of the other kids playing raining blood.

besides, I wasn't playing them to show off. That's not why I play guitar.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
the intro's on the keyboard. but I saw one of the other kids playing raining blood.

besides, I wasn't playing them to show off. That's not why I play guitar.

no not that part the part after the keyboard intro, also when your challenged by punks that the tme to show off, they really deserve to be showed up. otherwise i agree. in fact ive lately stopped trying to do the standard stuff. i cant write riffs but when im sittign in GC ill just start playng a box and get some really nice stuff out of it. i hate asking for store clerks help though i feel like such a noob. i only had this problem once though when i was trying to try a loop station and they had it on the wall mounted in and you have to have extra hands to use it
Quote by Underjoggle
Wayne's World.

No Stairway? Denied!

I once played through the whole thing + improv guitar solo on this Ovation. No one looked twice.