I was wondering if a line six spider III 15 would be good 1st. amp for $99.99 also I need some suggestions on other effect to buy. I'm planning on buying a epiphone sg and have $231 I can spend. Or any other gears for it like stings ect.
It would be good for a first amp, yes. Don't let others try to get you to get otehr amps because for practice for a first timer they are neat amps. Now come back in a half year and you will want something new for some good tone. For now, it is fine.
umm why nopt just start with a gibson and be great more quickly?
Well the Spider III has built in delay, phaser, flanger, distortion...I like the actual pedals more, but it's not bad for a first amp.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
it's an ok amp, not the greatest, but hey, it's only $100, if you think it what you want, thats what matters. But there is one thing i can say is that i might be a waste of money to buy an effect pedal.
For $100, its not bad for a first amp. Built-in effects to help you find some good sounds, and its quite inexpensive.
yeah. If you're new to guitar and on a really low budget like that, a spider's ok, especially if you like to play metal. If you like anything other than that, I'd try to play some other amps in the hundred dollar price range.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Solid-State-Combo-Amps-Combo-Amps1,50-100.gc

Here's a list of some amps around or under a hundred bucks. I don't know too much about them. check out harmony central for reviews on them, but the best bet is to go play some with the guitar that you're buying and decide which one you like best.

Good luck with your first rig
Quote by Ghold125
it's an ok amp, not the greatest, but hey, it's only $100, if you think it what you want, thats what matters. But there is one thing i can say is that i might be a waste of money to buy an effect pedal.

y would effect pedals be a waste of money?
Quote by Darth Suidar
y would effect pedals be a waste of money?

The spider doesn't take pedals well. It also has built in effects, so there's no real need to get effects.

Get a tuner, though. An indispensable piece of n00b gear (or piece of anyone's gear).
how good are elixer strings? I figure if they are durable I'd be able Carry them to my next guitar.
Look at the microcube also. These seem to be more reliable and still have built in effects and amp models. The micro can also run on batteries which is a plus.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Small. Look it up and check the specs, it'll give you exact dimensions.
Seems like a decent amp because it has the built in fx. You're killing 2 birds with one stone. As far as Elixirs, I only use Elixirs on my acoustics but I don't know about their electric strings.
here's a good tuner.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Korg-CA-30-Chromatic-Tuner-101556009-i1125536.gc

and yeah, check out the microcube, maybe the vox DA5, although I haven't heard it. Play a Fender Frontman too, I don't know if it's better or rworse than any of the other options, but make sure you try out everything in your budget so you get the best amp that you can, and one that's right for you

For strings get whatever's on sale between ernie ball or d'addorio. Whatever's going for 3 bucks.
Skip the frontman. The da5 is probably good since most of vox's other solid state valvetronix amps are good.
Yes check out that thread. And please sample the amps at your local guitar store. I lost half the money selling the Spider II half stack($400) I owned because I didn't sample it before buying it online. Let your ears do the deciding!
Quote by Darth Suidar
how good are elixer strings? I figure if they are durable I'd be able Carry them to my next guitar.

Normal Guitar strings last about a month, while elixers last about 2-3 months, there durable, but not one guitar to another durable.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
I have one that I use for practice, and I've been playing for roughly 7 years. They're not bad at all for your first amp.

If I were you though, I'd get something really small amp. Maybe something like this that doesn't have modeling already. Just a simple practice amp. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Solo-Guitar-Practice-Amp-481334-i1169235.gc

And then getting something like this.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-RP250-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-103952149-i1168302.gc

It would be a little more money, but it would give you more options as the pedal has a bunch of amp modeling stuff. And you'd be able to switch channels with your foot. It would also give a wah. Just my 2 cents. This is similar to the setup I had when I first started.