Page 1 of 2
anyone have used them... im getting one along with a RP500 and i wana know its pros and cons. please no elitism ****.. im moving from a 10 wat behringer piece of **** to that so have that in mind. Im getting a 333XL-212
pros: versatile is it's middle name
cons: not the greatest quality control.
ehh, ok, you could have also tried out a peavey 5150, with you only playing metal, but the bugera is still good
^^Y and how mush is the 5150
Last edited by devit at Jun 9, 2008,
It's more than the bugera. The bad QC is rumors, it's just a new brand and there are isolated reports of amps dying dramatically. Just get a warranty with it and you should be alright.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
im buying it off AMS wich gives u like a extra year protection so i guess ill be alriight.. but how do u think the bugera-rp will work out?
The bugera is good, but that rp sucks. what effects do you need?
Quote by Kevin Saale
It's more than the bugera. The bad QC is rumors, it's just a new brand and there are isolated reports of amps dying dramatically. Just get a warranty with it and you should be alright.

yep

and digitech multi-effects pedals arent very good thats why.

in fact forget multi effects unless you want to go all out, especially with that amp because it will sound nice on its own.
if you play only metal, you're better off getting just the amp and not getting the rp at all. reasoning? the bugera is supposed to get fairly high gain, and that plus a little bit of clean here and there is all the versatility you need.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
yeh but i want to have choruses and delays and wahs and lots and lots of crap plus maybe a +in distortion
Alright, but you're better off getting all those effects separate since it'll sound much better. No point of getting a nice amp to destroy its tone with a crap multifx (not saying all are crap but that one is.)
but... ive heard the simples at the site and i liked them... and remember im used to a Xtremly crapy amp so what u consider crap i might consider a treasure
It just makes no sense to waster your money on a nice amp when you're gonna rape it's tone anyway with a junk pedal.
So you heard the SAMPLES and liked them? Consider all of the post EQing that goes into them to make them sound decent.

If you are going to spend all that money on equipment, why not use it on GOOD stuff that will last you a long time?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
So you heard the SAMPLES and liked them? Consider all of the post EQing that goes into them to make them sound decent.

If you are going to spend all that money on equipment, why not use it on GOOD stuff that will last you a long time?

Thank you, +1

We're trying to help you man, we want you to have the best, which that thing is no where near.
Yeah, but you'll grow of out it quick, and regret it. I mean, if you really want to get it, you don't have to listen to us, however, there are a lot of people that have first hand experience.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
My freind just got a Bugera half stack for graduation and it rapes. Very good amp for the price. Listen to these guys about the RP. It sucks..entirley. Dude, just get separate effects. Multi-effects have there own presets, so you can't be creative and adjust them to your liking, there to the liking of Digitech, whom I hate other than the most awesome pedal ever, the Whammy.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Go for the Bugera, but screw the RP.
It's fine to get the RP50 version for the drum machine and tuner (the drum machine is 5 times more fun than a metronome or no rhythm at all), but anything higher gets kind of pointless.

But, those bugeras have good tone, but we don't know 100% how good their QC is.
Just get a good warranty and you'll be fine.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Go for the Bugera, but screw the RP.
It's fine to get the RP50 version for the drum machine and tuner (the drum machine is 5 times more fun than a metronome or no rhythm at all), but anything higher gets kind of pointless.

Dark for the win. Good advice, here.
Yeah, the Bugera is great. i just got the 6260 version, which is supposed to be the least versatile one in the bunch, and I still get some pretty good tones out or it for everything I play. If you are going with strictly metal, the 333 will definitely do you good, but if you dont want to spend as much, check out the 6260 or 6262. I believe they are cheaper and both will give you a great metal tone. The 6262 is the same as the 60 but it just has another EQ for the clean channel.
You'll love the Bugera. With the money you'd put toward the RP, go snag some used pedals and you'll be golden. I have actually had the experience of running a friends RP through my Bugera. It sounds thin and lifeless. With that moeny you can have some really nice pedals instead, which will open more doors creatively. Over half the sounds on the RPs are distortions you wont use
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
youre going from a 10W behringer POS to a slightly larger one?

HAR HAR HAR

srsly, ask the BUMers (bugera users militia, they have a thread)
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
yes, we the BUM have a thread...its very nice, and we answers your questions
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
so i was planning on getting one out of the box and the RP but the one out of the box comes with no warranty. so should i get the new one alone?
Well iits AMS so i guess its pretty trustable.. but im thinking on getting the amp alon for the EXT warranty
if you play strictly metal, why not get the 6260?
it's a 5150 clone if i'm not mistaken.
and if it rips it off even halfway decent, you'll love it.
333=peavey jsx
6260=5150/6505
right?
the 6260 will probably give you a better metal tone as the 5150 is better than the jsx at metal.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
im geting both if i dont like the rp its going back to the store
What effects do you need??
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
The wah and the octave effects are most probably gonna suck quite badly. The chorus will be "ok" at best, delay too. The Bugera has reverb built in it. So really, you'd be better off getting a separate delay pedal, and maybe a chorus or a wah to go with it or something.

this is mostly derived from general experience with multi-effects pedals
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
if you haven't gotten the point yet. the bugera is awesome, and the RP sucks ass. Don't get the RP. You'll be waisting money, and if you return it to the store you'll be waisting gas.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Then I suggest buying an

EHX Small Clone $59
Boss OC-2 $59
Morley Bad Horsie Wah $39
Boss DD-6 $119

= $276 +

if you want a Reverb pedal then an EHX Holy Grail $79

= $355 total for a group of pedals that will destroy the RP-500. All of these are lightly used and found at Music Go Rounds web page. You would be MUCH happier with the sounds and for a price only $50 above the price of the so-so sounding Digitech. Using the amps reverb, you could then throw a Digitech Bad Monkey OD in the mix for a much wiser use of your money. Your tone and wallet will thank you, as you won't be asking us in a year what you can buy to replace the Digitech RP with because you are unhappy with your tone. You WILL outgrow the RP-500. Don't be stubborn, it will happen
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Page 1 of 2