Page 1 of 2
I personally have never gotten into a "duel" nor do i drop in my local music store either... it kind of confuses me how you can end up in a battle of licks, im not a competative guitar player i guess...

so anyway, post your guitar duel stories
Quote by metaldud536
Real musicians get into epic Pokemon battles in music stores.

Yeah, pokemon battle music is ****ing epic.
I don't think guitar "Duels" really exist. Unless you're Steve Vai or Zappa.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by MustangMan311
These stories are fabrications from the mouths of douche-bag A7X fans on UG. Sorry.

I've really wanted and tried to get into guitar battles. I haven't had any luck yet. I think they are myth.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
well damn, i was hoping for some entertainment for the next 10 minutes or so
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I've really wanted and tried to get into guitar battles. I haven't had any luck yet. I think they are myth.

They're not a myth. They're jus extremely rare.
i remember some guy claimed he battled tom morello and won

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

...are a great way to proclaim to the world that you're a tool.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by timzee117

guitar hero III doesent count...
Quote by MustangMan311
These stories are fabrications from the mouths of douche-bag A7X fans on UG. Sorry.

HAHAHAHA. Never understood how ANYONE could like Avenged Sevenfold, and what in the hell is up with their names?
I saw two guys in a music store duel once. One guy summoned a Blue eyes white epiphone and attacked the store clerks life points directly.

Edit: Looks like you got an original quote there IMABALLPLAYER
Quote by metaldud536
I saw two guys in a music store duel once. One guy summoned a Blue eyes white epiphone, facedown in defense mode. The other attacked with a Celtic squire and was lost 1000 life points.

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Wylde14
guitar hero III doesent count...

There was a thread about it in the Electric Guitar forum actually. I never found out what happened though.
ive done it once. ive only been playin 3 years and i got completely destroyed by some old guy whose been playin like 15 yrs. it was more of an impromtu jam than a duel. but like the other guys said, its really rare, it almost never happens (grammar nazis do your worst lol)
Quote by TexasRG
HAHAHAHA. Never understood how ANYONE could like Avenged Sevenfold, and what in the hell is up with their names?

i happen to like them
I don't really think of it as a 'duel' in any way, but I once spent about 10 minutes just shooting Aerosmith licks back and forth between a total stranger and I.
Quote by timzee117

Yeah, I remember that poser's thread. I have never seen or heard of a "guitar battle" in real life, I don't think they are a myth, I just think they are exceedingly rare.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by TexasRG

I dont understand how anyone can like NIN. Wierd techno rock stuff
Quote by metaldud536

i happen to like a few of their songs aswell
Quote by metaldud536
I saw two guys in a music store duel once. One guy summoned a Blue eyes white epiphone and attacked the store clerks life points directly.

Edit: Looks like you got an original quote there IMABALLPLAYER

Hell yeah I did.

Yeah I've been in one, I held my own, and neither of us really ever declared an official winner, but I'd have to say I actually lost. It was pretty cool, it was just one huge jam, and it went from jazz to blues to shred and back to jazz again. The only thing that would have made it more epic would be that we were vikings or wearing hats with big horns on them or something along those lines.
Quote by metaldud536

...Because of Trent Reznor. You do realize he composes everything and then puts together a band to go on tour. He is a musical genius.
i've never gotten into a duel. but i have gotten into a store-side random jam. me on electric, another kid on rhythm across the room, and a guy on bass. it was sweet.

there was this one time when i was doing whammy harmonics, and the guy on the other side of the wall of amps was echoing me. like a call and response kind of thing.

but yeah.. i get into "jams" all the time. i'll start playing a 12 bar blues rhythm, or smoke on the water..and a guy across the room plays back and we take turns doing leads. it's fun stuff.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by TexasRG
...Because of Trent Reznor. You do realize he plays composes everything and then puts together a band to go on tour. He is a musical genius.

So now you have to be musical geniouses in order to be a band?
Quote by metaldud536
So now you have to be musical geniouses in order to be a band?

Look at NIN's track record for the past 20 yrs, it all boils down to Trent. And look at how he is distributing music, he is way ahead of the game.
Quote by TexasRG
...Because of Trent Reznor. You do realize he composes everything and then puts together a band to go on tour. He is a musical genius.

i wouldnt call him a genious, but he is very unique and creative
Quote by metaldud536

You used to be my hero.....

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Wylde14
ive heard about them from douche-bag blues elitists aswell

Blues and elitists don't belong in the same sentence.
Quote by TexasRG
Look at NIN's track record for the past 20 yrs, it all boils down to Trent. And look at how he is distributing music, he is way ahead of the game.

Ok. Se he's good at marketing. Big deal. Doesn't make him a musical genious.
Quote by Red33
You used to be my hero.....

You understand here that I'm trying to end ignorant posts. I dont hate NIN nore do I like em.
Quote by imgooley
Blues and elitists don't belong in the same sentence.

you know, i used to think that too till i met some dude on ug, whose basic sance on music was "if you play more than 2 notes per second, you have no feel"
ya i got into a duel once in guitar center, against some 18 year old n00b, he played some stupid punk sounding lead thing, and i played most of a dragon force song lol
I've played a song with random musicians once, it was pretty badass. A rhythm guitarist started up a song I knew, so I started on as lead, and then a drummer and a bassist picked into it!!

It was one of the coolest things thats ever happened to me, too bad I didnt live in that area, or we would have had a band

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by EllttEll
ya i got into a duel once in guitar center, against some 18 year old n00b, he played some stupid punk sounding lead thing, and i played most of a dragon force song lol

fail.
Quote by metaldud536

You understand here that I'm trying to end ignorant posts. I dont hate NIN nore do I like em.

I knoooooow,

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Page 1 of 2