Hey this is a somewhat new song that I recorded a few weeks ago. It was my first time getting some real distorted guitars in one of my songs so I hope it turned out alright...

Hope you guys like it, and let me know and I will be sure to get back to you...

You can listen on my myspace:

www.myspace.com/foundyesterday

Thanks
Last edited by ovdojoey at Jun 9, 2008,
beautiful, i really liked it.
I dunno about alt-rock id say more acoustic pop-rock, in a good way. Nice singing voice, beautiful acoustic tone. Great song too. Me likey.
Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820556
It's the 2nd version of the song too, the one for the album comp
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
It sounds good. But I'd do more than strummin. Like fingerpick it too, maybe. Idk. Maybe I'm too critical cuz I play some solos (I've written all my own solos) at 180bmp.
Quote by Metallist65
It sounds good. But I'd do more than strummin. Like fingerpick it too, maybe. Idk. Maybe I'm too critical cuz I play some solos (I've written all my own solos) at 180bmp.

'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
lol it's all good. I personally am not a huge fan of solos but I like the idea of a lead like sound... Thanks for the reviews and no offense taken - I changed the name as it is much more acoustic than rockish.
it was really good i liked it. how did you record it? did you get professional recording?
Originally Posted by InvaderTSN
Step 1: Buy popcorn.
Step 2: Cut hole in bottom of popcorn bucket.
Step 3: Stick penis through hole.
Step 4: Ask date to get some popcorn.
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!
Interesting. I really like your voice in this, especially towards the beginning. The quality is great as always, so I'll focus more on the actual songwriting. I like the sort of drastic change between the verse and the chorus. Harmonies sound awesome in the chorus, pretty intense. The lyrics in this weren't my favorite, but it has a good message. They aren't bad by any means...I'm just not a huge fan of such optimism. Great job, overall. I also listened to your 'brick' cover not long ago, and I still much prefer it to the original.

comment mine?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874905
Hey there - Yes I did record this myself but I have a lot of expensive stuff lying around so it's more of a home studio than a room with a microphone and computer.... But no fear everyone can get a high quality product by running a microphone with some good quality plugins (waves bundle, UAD, even built in plugins with your software work just fine)

I appreciate the positive feedback

As for the lyrics - this song was actually composed as work for hire for an outside company - therefore the lyrics are a bit cheesy yes. The company that hired me runs a drug awareness / prevention course and they wanted to use it in their film campaign so they asked for a message of hope and inspiration...

To tell you the truth these lyrics may be a bit too optimistic for my tastes (and that's hard to say because I write some pretty happy stuff), nonetheless I am pleased with the final outcome.

EDIT: oh yes brick, my favorite cover of all time... I'm glad you like it - I'm almost a little bummed my camera broke half way through.
Ahh, I see now. In that case, the lyrics fit perfectly with what you were trying to achieve. I wasn't implying that they were "cheesy." I just meant, in my regular choice of listening I prefer something that will allow me to sit around and sulk. Hahah. I'll be waiting for a song of heartbreak. Another thought: I love that part in 'stay' when you get about 50 seconds into it.
great recording man- how do you record your guitar? and what kinda mic do you use for vocals? i love the anthemic quality of the song, and the lyrics are good because the melody is uplifting. it's only cheesy if the melody doesn't support the lyrics and/or message, but everything was pretty well synced. good voice too. PS- favorite is very pretty as well.
check out mine- it's a live performance video. would love to gather some thoughts.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884102
Haha don't worry I'll write my heartbreak and I want to make it a fast song... that will be cool...
But vinestreet I was unable to listen to your song - it said the link was invalid or something "no thread specified" ... hoppefully you can post a good link.

For the guitars I use my condenser microphone (Rode NT1A) and run them through a JoeMeek OneQ preamp and to my MOTU interface... I use the same mic for vocals too and just lower the compression rate... I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you like favorite - I actually can't wait to start recording again but my MOTU device broke and they are still fixing it (horrible customer support BTW they make you pay for shipping if their stuff breaks...) thats a crappy warranty if you ask me - I spent 60 dollars shipping it to them.