Page 1 of 2
whaaaat is our world coming to.
i go to get gas today, they put a half a gallon in my tank and tell me they're dry. so i go down the street to another station, they're dry too. i finally find a place, 3.90 a gallon, and i hear its going up. the oil companies have us by the balls
your thoughts?
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
wow....another place someones complaining about gas prices....its pretty much a cliche by now
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Look Below This Thread, Quick!
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Malakian88
We pay twice that over here already.

Get used to it.

wow someone from Europe saying they pay more in the first post
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
dude in Canada it's like 1.41 a litre
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
haha my bad, i didnt know this was a popular thread topic. lookin at this other thread....looks like its only gonna get worse. time to break out the bike!
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by rage6945
i go to get gas today, they put a half a gallon in my tank and tell me they're dry. so i go down the street to another station, they're dry too. i finally find a place, 3.90 a gallon, and i hear its going up. the oil companies have us by the balls
your thoughts?

Wow you are below average, the national average is 4 dollars a gallon. By the way what do you mean Oil Companies have us by the balls? Are you aware that oil companies only consist of 4% of the total cost. Around 70% is due to crude oil cost. It is skyrocketing because raising nations like China are competing for oil driving the price up. The other 20 something percent comes from taxes.
I heard an interesting idea today.

Basically, people all around the world will, for one month, stop buying gas from one specific company. Then, they move on to a new company the next month. This way, we still get the gas we are currently dependent on, and hopefully force the companies to lower prices.
Quote by Oil Legion
Wow you are below average, the national average is 4 dollars a gallon. By the way what do you mean Oil Companies have us by the balls? Are you aware that oil companies only consist of 4% of the total cost. Around 70% is due to crude oil cost. It is skyrocketing because raising nations like China are competing for oil driving the price up. The other 20 something percent comes from taxes.

maybe i'm skipping a few steps when i say oil companies have us by the balls, but you know what i mean. the price of gas ultimately affects what people can do, what places we can get to, stuff like that.
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Brain245

Basically, people all around the world will, for one month, stop buying gas from one specific company. Then, they move on to a new company the next month. This way, we still get the gas we are currently dependent on, and hopefully force the companies to lower prices.

and when that one company runs dry (like the two i went to today, which werent even major companies), what do we do? that idea will never work.
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Brain245

That would be a horrible idea
Again the cost comes from crude oil and taxes both which oil companies can't control. So by stop buying gas from gas companies the only damage that does is hurt our own economy, puts people out of business, major profit loss. And Middle East will stiull charge a lot for oil and US will still keep the taxes.
Quote by rage6945
maybe i'm skipping a few steps when i say oil companies have us by the balls, but you know what i mean. the price of gas ultimately affects what people can do, what places we can get to, stuff like that.

Ok I am just sick of the blame on the oil companies when they really can't help infact as a side note their profit margin is at a record low.
Quote by Malakian88
We pay twice that over here already.

Get used to it.

The thing is, your cars are way more fuel efficient and the average american drives a lot more than the average european/
Quote by Oil Legion
Ok I am just sick of the blame on the oil companies when they really can't help infact as a side note their profit margin is at a record low.

Wtf are you talking about you propagandist twat?

They are having record high earnings.

Unlike you I have a source: http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/earnings/2005-10-27-xom_x.htm

Read that and see how much they are ****ing with our balls.
Quote by Oil Legion

Their profit margine has been dramatically increasing every year.

I want proof backing up your argument, as that's the first time I have heard that.
Quote by Oil Legion

just an observation.... your username is oil legion and your profile leads me to believe that you joined the site just to post in this thread......
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Brain245

yeah because that one company can't just sell their gas to all the other companies, keeping the price up.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Sevenfoldizm
Wtf are you talking about you propagandist twat?

They are having record high earnings.

Unlike you I have a source:

For the source
The oil CEOs were testifying on Capital Hill this week and gave a little more insight into the economics of the business. Exxon-Mobil's CEO explained that his company makes just 4 cents a gallon on gas sales.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/earnings/2005-10-27-xom_x.htm

Read that and see how much they are ****ing with our balls.

I also like how you used an article from 2005
Last edited by Oil Legion at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by rage6945
just an observation.... your username is oil legion and your profile leads me to believe that you joined the site just to post in this thread......

This is true I have another motive but I shall wait patiently to announce it.
Quote by Oil Legion

That's due to a **** supply with the problems in Russia and Nigeria. I heard that non- OPEC countries with fields were going to be reopening lines by the end of the year to help even out costs on consumers. The rising demand of China and India (especially diesel in China for clean up) has led to a ridiculous shortage and even the drillers are ****ting their pants to scrape by and get enough oil out to the refineries.

Inactivity by the U.S. government has led to nothing being done to stop the swell of oil prices, but so far gasoline has had the slowest increase of all the petrol products. For now, we deal with it because it will not get better for some time.

We should be fine in time, but a weak dollar is what is hurting us most-- on top of a horrible EPA fuel economy requirement. I struggle just to stretch my car to 28- 30 MPG, but save $3-4 at the pump each time.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Heh, here in Arkansas its still below $4, its about $3.85 I think. Bad thing is my town is spread out and it'd be near impossible to walk/ride a bike to get everywhere you need to go. Plus I actually live about 5 miles out of that mentioned town.

I'm gonna love it when I start driving later this month...
For the source
The oil CEOs were testifying on Capital Hill this week and gave a little more insight into the economics of the business. Exxon-Mobil's CEO explained that his company makes just 4 cents a gallon on gas sales. QUOTE]

I also like how you used an article from 2005

Haha, thanks for pointing that out I didn't notice.

I knew I heard it on the news a couple months ago and here it is, it's even worse.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/01/news/companies/exxon_earnings/

EDIT: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24757944/

Here's another one. It says their profits were 36 billion IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS of this year.
Last edited by Sevenfoldizm at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by Jeremy Clark
Heh, here in Arkansas its still below $4, its about $3.85 I think. Bad thing is my town is spread out and it'd be near impossible to walk/ride a bike to get everywhere you need to go. Plus I actually live about 5 miles out of that mentioned town.

I'm gonna love it when I start driving later this month...

Welcome to the wonderful world of the poor teenage student (college or otherwise).

I thought for sure my work or the government would have at least risen minimum wage again to help us out... but I've been sorely mistaken.

Quote by Oil Legion
This is true I have another motive but I shall wait patiently to announce it.

i think you should get going with that, your probably gonna keep getting bashed until then.

this guy is definitly a spy for exxon or somethin crazy like that
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by hethamulburton

Welcome to the wonderful world of the poor teenage student (college or otherwise).

I thought for sure my work or the government would have at least risen minimum wage again to help us out... but I've been sorely mistaken.

Heh, 16 year old who still doesn't have a job, although i'm looking. Gotta find a way to pay gas and insurance or no car for me o.O
Quote by Oil Legion
For the source

Haha, thanks for pointing that out I didn't notice.

I knew I heard it on the news a couple months ago and here it is, it's even worse.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/01/news/companies/exxon_earnings/

EDIT: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24757944/

Here's another one. It says their profits were 36 billion IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS of this year.

It might just be me but I tend to remember the 'oil crisis' starting this year. So let bring up a report on 2007. And as for quarterly I doubt they are refering to the first 3 months of this year mainly because this was posted Feb 1st 2008, which is 32 days after 2008, which clearly can't be the first three months of this year.
Quote by Sevenfoldizm

It might just be me but I tend to remember the 'oil crisis' starting this year. So let bring up a report on 2007. And as for quarterly I doubt they are refering to the first 3 months of this year mainly because this was posted Feb 1st 2008, which is 32 days after 2008, which clearly can't be the first three months of this year.

You misread what I said, the SECOND source referred to the first 3 months. It was from May 21.

Read it, it's an interesting article.
Quote by Jeremy Clark
Heh, 16 year old who still doesn't have a job, although i'm looking. Gotta find a way to pay gas and insurance or no car for me o.O

Get a used car that your parents can pay for then get minimal coverage on your car... otherwise insurance alone will cost you around $1200 a year depending on who you have and stuff. It's a lot more if you aren't on your parents' plan though. Since I dropped full coverage my payments were cut in half and that leaves more room for gas and other things. I just can't wreck, but hey my car is already totalled from general maintenance done to it so what the hell...

Quote by rage6945
your thoughts?

Why are there 50 threads on this a day?
sup?
Quote by hethamulburton
Get a used car that your parents can pay for then get minimal coverage on your car... otherwise insurance alone will cost you around $1200 a year depending on who you have and stuff. It's a lot more if you aren't on your parents' plan though. Since I dropped full coverage my payments were cut in half and that leaves more room for gas and other things. I just can't wreck, but hey my car is already totalled from general maintenance done to it so what the hell...

Thats prettymuch exactly what I was planning on. My parents offered to buy a used car, and they would add me to there plan. (which they said would be about $50-$60 a month, which is a hell of a deal IMO)

I told them i dont care how horrible the car looks, i just want somthing that'll do 30 MPG...
Quote by ldl67
Why are there 50 threads on this a day?

Because it's new and exciting... records EVERYDAY!!!

We should get ****ing medals for this.

Quote by Jeremy Clark
Thats prettymuch exactly what I was planning on. My parents offered to buy a used car, and they would add me to there plan. (which they said would be about $50-$60 a month, which is a hell of a deal IMO)

I told them i dont care how horrible the car looks, i just want somthing that'll do 30 MPG...

Look for one with a small tank, as weight drives down mileage and stick to the speed limit... it's not about cops or any of that, I save over 2 mpg by dropping to the speed limit on the highway and main roads (35 mph or greater). Plus get STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner and use it twice a year, it's about $14 for the year supply but will save you $2-4 everytime you fill up as it restores perfomance and fuel economy.

I took my car from 23.4 mpg up to 30 by doing those things and keeping my car in good shape.

Last edited by hethamulburton at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by Oil Legion

You misread what I said, the SECOND source referred to the first 3 months. It was from May 21.

Read it, it's an interesting article.

I did and watched the video

The executives, whose companies reported $36 billion in profits during the first three months of the year, wanted to talk about tight supplies and growing global demand. They said that while the companies made billions of dollars, they also spent billions to find and produce more oil.

Well if you add the profit of 5 different compainies together I would assume the profit would be outragously high. And the quarterly profit this year though stills seems to be lower that last years... And this shall be my last post. Off to getting banned I go.
Slow starts, drive in neutral when possible(i.e. down a hill). i will save you some gas. i promise
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Anyone else find it at all interesting that there is a guy named "Oil Legion" (who just registered today BTW) who is telling everyone to stop blaming the oil companies?

I'm not arguing for either side, just pointing that tid bit out.

EDIT: Beaten to it
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Sevenfoldizm

I did and watched the video

Well if you add the profit of 5 different compainies together I would assume the profit would be outragously high. And the quarterly profit this year though stills seems to be lower that last years... And this shall be my last post. Off to getting banned I go.

Uh no. Exxon Mobile's alone is up 17% from first quarter last year.
Page 1 of 2