I am taking the Amtrak from Syracuse to NYC to Washington DC to Philidelphia to NYC to Syracuse. Does anybody know the rules on pocket knives on trains? I looked on the Amtrak website but they don't say specifically "no" or anything for that matter. I really don't like not having it on me but if I need to I will stow it in my bag.

Also, no I do not use it for a weapon. It is more of a tool to me than anything. If things get ugly and diplomacy doesn't work I have used it as a scare tactic.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
im pretty sure they dont search you.. just keep it in your pocket and you should be find
i love knives. i need to learn the laws on carrying them. cause i probably break a lot of them...
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by abdulalhazred
i love knives. i need to learn the laws on carrying them. cause i probably break a lot of them...

Laws were made to be broken anyway, man.

@The Hottest Head
I'd jus take it. It ain't like they have a metal detector. Tho, due to our ****ed-up country, they may in a few years. (****in TSA! You TSA people ****in suck balls like a *****!)
Quote by paranoideyes
im pretty sure they dont search you.. just keep it in your pocket and you should be find

Yeah, I have never been searched upon entering a train, just make sure to keep it out of sight.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by uvq
why dont you just not take it...

As I stated simply above, I don't like not having it. I never leave home without it. It is a very useful tool that I use on a daily basis.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
try carrying a gun in your pocket. message me when you get back from your trip saying how that goes.

wait... maybe that wouldn't go well
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
As I stated simply above, I don't like not having it. I never leave home without it. It is a very useful tool that I use on a daily basis.

I had a knife like that. I even took it in my checked bag on planes. So, I unnerstand and recommend you take it, man.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day

incase you come across a guitar god and slash his strings so he cant play no more?
how do you use this knife on a daily basis? Do you carry a bushel of apples that you eat with that knife? Other then cutting and possibly using it as a make shift screw driver, i dont see much of a use in a daily lifestyle. I think this knife carrying is you compensating for something.
Quote by Pageles
how do you use this knife on a daily basis? Do you carry a bushel of apples that you eat with that knife? Other then cutting and possibly using it as a make shift screw driver, i dont see much of a use in a daily lifestyle. I think this knife carrying is you compensating for something.

I do use it to cut apples/strings off my shirt/bags of chips or similar/opening mail/screw driver, basically I use the knife as a more practical pair of scissors.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
Sir you must eat a lot of apples, and chips. Well if you get caught with your knife, just tell them you will cut up some apple slices and open many bags of chips to serve to all the passengers. Afterwards you can adjust the engine and then tidy up all the raggedy shirted individuals who are in dyer need of a shirt shave.
Quote by Pageles
Sir you must eat a lot of apples, and chips. Well if you get caught with your knife, just tell them you will cut up some apple slices and open many bags of chips to serve to all the passengers. Afterwards you can adjust the engine and then tidy up all the raggedy shirted individuals who are in dyer need of a shirt shave.

And then I could tell them that this kid Pageles is a sarcastic cvnt and that he told me to do it. That should clear things up.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
And then I could tell them that this kid Pageles is a sarcastic cvnt and that he told me to do it. That should clear things up.

I dislike being called a kid, anyway thats besides the point. I just find all the reasons you carry a knife are rather useless. Unless your a handyman at heart, the screw driving is probably not a high volume task for you during the day. The other tasks pre-mentioned can be accomplished without a knife. Except the apples, they just are easier to eat with a knife.
Quote by Pageles
I dislike being called a kid, anyway thats besides the point. I just find all the reasons you carry a knife are rather useless. Unless your a handyman at heart, the screw driving is probably not a high volume task for you during the day. The other tasks pre-mentioned can be accomplished without a knife. Except the apples, they just are easier to eat with a knife.

I dislike being told that what I do and have on my person on a daily basis is useless, especially considering you do not know me or how I conduct my self.
Quote by garrett5
what type of knife/size?

It is a medium sized folding knife. Plain, simple, yet so useful.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
Quote by snipelfritz
Amtrak security is super lax.

Thank you sir.

See Pit this is how threads like this should work.

Question asked, answer given. Its not that hard.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
If its just a normal pocket knife, you will be okay..

I carry my Medium siezed blade with my usually all the time outside of school.
I just have it so you can see it's clipped in my pocket.
Snakes on a plane... knives on a train... where are you Samuel!?!?
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by paranoideyes

yep. ive taken Amtrak several times and they dont search you. so you should be fine. they dont check your bags either. at least not in Philly.
Quote by Pageles
brilliant
Just flip the blade open and start yelling "jihad" "death to infidel" and "ali ackbar" as loud as you can as soon as the train achieves top speed. You may be shot and killed by undercover ATF but at least you will know if it's allowed or not.
I'm not going to comment on knife use, but I doubt people will flip out over something theydon't see and with the fact that you don't intend to shank anybody.

Just take it, I don't see the big deal. Jesus, my mother had one in her glovebox/purse for years, and she's a damn "princess" (she's basically a girly girl).
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs