Take 1 for a song idea me and my friends are making. I did the all the guitar work and guitar composition. Solo was improvised on top of the rhythm. Thats how I always come up with songs. The rhythm was not improvised but the riffs were based on an improv i did last time. My singer is writing lyrics.

What do you guys think. Would it suit with lyrics, and better solo placement.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6615345
Pretty good, only thing i have for ya, is just let that solo rip. Crank up the volume on that track so it just screams over everything
Quote by supe18
Pretty good, only thing i have for ya, is just let that solo rip. Crank up the volume on that track so it just screams over everything

+1

but i must say this is in the wrong forum.

I like the way it sounds. very cool.

(but still in the wrong forum)

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
holy clippage and fuzz.

Solo was cool, riffs were too repetetive. Liked the whammy at the start tho, very mick mars.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Quote by nyandres
I was gonna do that, but my singer is like, "its already too loud, I want to be able to still hear the acoustic"

did you not read the loading screen on guitar hero III? "never leave your lead singer in charge of the mix." this holds true here.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

it's good, i like the ideas
sounds a lot like Orion by Metallica after the distortion kicks in
also, maybe try to throw some screams a la Dimebag in the whammy section
and during the developement section, some harmonies might give it a really good boost

overall, it's definately a start, and especially starts to shine when the solo kicks in
Quote by an epic mistake
did you not read the loading screen on guitar hero III? "never leave your lead singer in charge of the mix." this holds true here.

lol. Thats awesome. It reminds me of this joke thats says "and sitting were three musicians and a drummer"
Quote by nyandres
lol. Thats awesome. It reminds me of this joke thats says "and sitting were three musicians and a drummer"

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

the riff that you start off with, its nice, but you should try to like make a little faster or gallop like, change the pattern. nice solo. honestly i dont think you need any lyrics, if you put the acoustic stuff in their more, it would be prefect, its a great song already. making the acoustic ending longer, just a tad.
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Jun 10, 2008,
too repetitive.

it's not bad, dont get me wrong, and I'm surely not trying to make you feel bad, but this sort of a song is not going to separate you from any other knockoff.

and surely blast that solo over all, forget what your vocalist says...its your solo, tell him to stay out of it.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels