hey guys so herse the deal. Im comming down from canada on a vacation and my parents said we could stop in at a guitar center and get you a new amp. Now the one i told them probably is the Peavey Valveking or the B-52 At. I had a random thought... i ve done this preveiously and got a 1000$ synyster agtes custom down to 789.00. So my question is what do you think i could get a Mesa Solo 50 head down to i think there 1100$ or 1200$ one of those at GC they dont have em listed. Cause thats really my dream amp... And then i would buy a cheaper cab... so what are you thoughts on how cheap i could get it

Thanks
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
I heard that Mesa Boogie prices are set and you can't haggle down. Unless of course the GC is charging them more than what they're worth.
Guitar Center has a no-haggle policy now.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
If they won't help you out on the price, try it out at GC, then buy it on ebay.

If they don't want your business, you shouldn't want them to have your's either.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Supposedly Guitar Center isn't going to be haggling anymore, but I haven't seen any changes yet. They offered my a VK head for $450, which was almost 100 bucks less than the sticker, so I don't think all this no haggling stuff has really caught on yet.

Hey if you can get the Mesa down go for it. It would certainly be better than the VK of the B52.
I don't think GC technically is even a licensed dealer of Mesa. I know mine has a couple, but they're never listed on their website.
Maybe you should try Sam Ash instead, as they might haggle a lower price for you than their competitor, Guitar center.
Signatures are overrated.
Odds are, you won't be able to haggle a Mesa down unless they've marked it up or it's used (Mesa sets those prices somehow or another.), but I don't know about anything else.
Quote by MESAexplorer
If they won't help you out on the price, try it out at GC, then buy it on ebay.

If they don't want your business, you shouldn't want them to have your's either.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']... And then i would buy a cheaper cab...

don't cheap out on a cab, its still a lot of your sound, get a decent 2x12 for $400, like a vader or b-52.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Mesas prices are set, and can't haggle. I asked when i got my recto cab. Of course, you could probably knock off a couple hundred on a Marshall cab or head, but not Mesa. Basically I've learned stuff that they advertise their prices about (Gibson, Marshall, Fender, Schecter, blah blah blah) They can haggle about, but stuff they don't advertise prices on, or don't even advertise the specific products (Rickenbacker for the former, Mesa for the latter) it's basically a set in stone price.
I believe Mesa is extremely independant from guitar center as far as sales go. The last one I was in had a Mesa tech, not a GC employee, but someone from Mesa. He could have been an amp baby sitter for all I know, but I thought it was kind of odd seeing as the VHT's and some of the Marshalls were way above the Roadking's price.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I haggled a $1299.99 Super Sonic down to $1350 after tax. ****ed that. Went to Best Buy and got it for $1023.
High as tits
Mesa prices are Set in stone. There is no markup and the prices are set by Mesa themselves. In order to become a Licensed Mesa Dealer, you have to obide by their prices.

Some Guitarcenters have a licensed Mesa Tech in there for their amps. You won't be able to haggle down. However; if a Guitarcenter somehow got ahold of a Mesa Amp through a trade in or buyback option, they could set the price to whatever they want; but also leaving room to haggle. These would be used amps.

To put it short, if you want to buy a new Mesa, you will be paying the $2599 (or whatever it is for a Triple Rec + Cab) that everyone else is paying.

However; pretty much everything else at guitar center is hagglable. I've haggled an $1200 Pearl EXR Drum set with Hardware down to $850 down the door just by being a pain in the ass. Even got some new heads with it and a warranty as well. It's all about finding the right guy who wants to give you a deal.
Haggling depends on how much of a markup (headroom) they have from a particular brand. For example, there's a lot more room to bargain with Peavey than there is with Mesa (pretty nonexistant). Same goes with the guitars, music books, everything. They'll only haggle as much as their headroom allows.

I don't know where this No Haggling at GC keeps coming up, because I always haggle at my local GC for larger purchases, and end up getting pretty good deals. Hell, many of the people know me well enough that I don't even have to bother haggling and will many times get at least the tax taken off if not a little bit more on SOME (not all) purchases. Heck, it keeps me as a customer, that's for sure. Considering how much I spend at Guitar Center, that's not a bad thing.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
So if guitar center won't allow haggling anymore, why would any of you even buy stuff there?

I'd much rather support a small time music shop with the same prices. The only reason I went there was to haggle and play their ****. Otherwise, **** that place.
Gear:

Gibson Faded SG Special
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12
Taylor 110 Acoustic
Quote by hellrazzer24
Mesa prices are Set in stone. There is no markup and the prices are set by Mesa themselves. In order to become a Licensed Mesa Dealer, you have to obide by their prices.

Some Guitarcenters have a licensed Mesa Tech in there for their amps. You won't be able to haggle down. However; if a Guitarcenter somehow got ahold of a Mesa Amp through a trade in or buyback option, they could set the price to whatever they want; but also leaving room to haggle. These would be used amps.

To put it short, if you want to buy a new Mesa, you will be paying the $2599 (or whatever it is for a Triple Rec + Cab) that everyone else is paying.

However; pretty much everything else at guitar center is hagglable. I've haggled an $1200 Pearl EXR Drum set with Hardware down to $850 down the door just by being a pain in the ass. Even got some new heads with it and a warranty as well. It's all about finding the right guy who wants to give you a deal.

+1

Yup, when I was in there testing out some Mesa's they got there Mesa tech guy to set them up for me...

What you do is pay full price for the mesa but get all your accesories free or discounted.. Just start pointing at stuff and say hey throw this in and so on..
Quote by patrickhatt
So if guitar center won't allow haggling anymore, why would any of you even buy stuff there?

I'd much rather support a small time music shop with the same prices. The only reason I went there was to haggle and play their ****. Otherwise, **** that place.

Because the small time music shop I tried to order from snapped two LP headstocks while shipping. Small guitar shops also (generally) will not haggle on a guitar they have to order.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band