I need to know some things about active pickups. I'm looking to get the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and it has the new EMG 81TW/89 set in it. I know basic stuff about actives like they use a 9v battery, no hum, and higher output. But I want some more specific stuff like is the output really that much higher than passives, to you have to use a tube amp with them, and how good are the cleans you can get with them. Thanks in advance!
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Schecter Gryphon w/ Tone Zone & PAF Pro
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Eminence Texas Heat
Line 6 Space Chorus
Marshall Echohead
Morley Power Wah Volume
BOSS MT-2
Vox Satchurator
in order:

yes the output is like Dragon Ball Z level

no you dont haveto use a tube amp with them

the cleans are okay. the problem is active pickups can be almost microphonic without some gain in them. so in cleans you haveto be very very clear with your picking/strumming.
the cleans are find as long as you have the pups set the right distance away from the strings. I get really nice cleans out of mine.
Quote by mp3stalin
in order:

yes the output is like Dragon Ball Z level

no you dont haveto use a tube amp with them

the cleans are okay. the problem is active pickups can be almost microphonic without some gain in them. so in cleans you haveto be very very clear with your picking/strumming.

Could you explain exactly what you mean by microphonic. And I like the output thing (Sigged)
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Schecter Gryphon w/ Tone Zone & PAF Pro
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Eminence Texas Heat
Line 6 Space Chorus
Marshall Echohead
Morley Power Wah Volume
BOSS MT-2
Vox Satchurator