So due to an emergency at the company my brother works for, I'm temping in the factory. It's pretty cool working for my brother, he's cool and helps me learn the ropes. So here's what i did today- Work on an plastic injection molding machine. I open a door, place a small metal square (1x1x.5 cm) into a small place to put the square, shut the door and wait a minute for a plastic machine part to fall into the bin. We fill boxes with 300 of the same part, and in six hours i was able to fill a little more than one box. Needless to say, its a job a man with one hand could do and it doesnt need much attention. I like working there, I need to keep busy because I'm making $8.50 an hour and didn't even need to apply.

So, the Pit, who has had a factory job and what did you do to keep busy?
You'll hate it soon.

Trust me.
All your base are belong to us.
Whatever you do, don't get your fingertips chopped off like the great Iommi. But if it happens, be on the lookout for a very popular musical career.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Whatever you do, don't get your fingertips chopped off like the great Iommi. But if it happens, be on the lookout for a very popular musical career.

is that the guitar player who uses his feet? cuz i thought about that today while working.
Will your brother let you read while you wait? If so that is a pretty kickass job.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by dudius
is that the guitar player who uses his feet? cuz i thought about that today while working.

....*feels embarrassed for dudius*....
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by dudius

Nah he stuck some plastic or clay or something on his fingers so he could play. Not quite sure what it was right now.
ohhh....yeah, i dont know who that is. but i've seen a youtube vid of a guy without arms playing some mad stuff on an acoustic using his feet. http://youtube.com/watch?v=4eTRs2bPN2Y

and i can't read or anything like that. he could let me, but i cant pay attention to a book if i have to keep attending the machine every 50 seconds.
Last edited by dudius at Jun 10, 2008,
mp3 player?
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by Avedas
Nah he stuck some plastic or clay or something on his fingers so he could play. Not quite sure what it was right now.

since we make stuff from plastic, i could have my brother design a piece (he's an engineer and overlooks production) so i could have plastic fingers.....
I haven't worked a factory job, but I've worked warehouse for quite a while. It's a good job for those of us who need to constantly be doing something.
Quote by imgooley
I haven't worked a factory job, but I've worked warehouse for quite a while. It's a good job for those of us who need to constantly be doing something.

true, i worked as a lifeguard last summer, which was a fun and easy job, but there were sooooooo many times where it was so hot that people wouldnt even come out to swim, so you would be stuck there watching two ten year olds splashing in what we called "Kiddy land" (two foot deep water) needless to say my boss had to tell people to wake up a few times.
Quote by dudius
since we make stuff from plastic, i could have my brother design a piece (he's an engineer and overlooks production) so i could have plastic fingers.....

Or a codpiece. Toki knows where it's at.
I worked at a factory a couple of summers ago making industrial overhead fuses. It sucked, but I made mad cash. Sometimes I had to dip cables into molten lead to fuse them together, and then other times I had to pour and paint sulfur in the porcelain fuse things. At least they let me bring a stereo and blast music when I was workin.