I am looking for some good strings to buy for my yamaha that brand new that don't break easy because i do different tunings alot. My yamaha is a regular.
Last edited by Dharkkaronn at Jun 10, 2008,
Classical or ("regular") acoustic?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Alchemy Dean Markley Gold-Bronze are my favorite. They are coated and have an EXCELLENT sound...

When I went to go buy my first strings, I asked the guy at Guitar Center what strings he would reccomend and which are the best. He told me the Alchemy strings were. However, they were 12 bucks a pack. So, not having much money, I went for the cheaper Martin SP strings (around 6 bucks). The Martins sounded like crap when i first put them on and I could never get them all to sound right. Moreover, one of the strings actually broke. They rusted pretty quick and I ended up taking them off after a couple months. Went back to Guitar Center. Bought the Alchemy strings. As soon as I put them on, oh my god what a difference. It sounded like the heavens opened up and angels were singing as I strummed the first chord. Those strings lasted me 8 months and probably couldve taken even more time but I had a performance so I changed them.

May be more expensive, but in the long run your saving money because they last so long....
Quote by pharm30
D'Addario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze Light what I use on my FG750

I use the same on my beginner F310P and when they're fresh their tone is so beautiful.
Gear(Sucks):
Aria STG Series Strat
Yamaha F310P Acoustic
BOSS DS-2 Distortion.
RMS 10 Watt Practice Amp

Wishlist:
New guitar
Brawl: 2578 4543 4918
Yeah, I've also used D'addario EJ16s for a while. Pretty solid.
I always get Elixers, but apparently I'm getting screwed. I like them personally, but I also use D'Addario nickle wound for my back up strings and stuff.

Yeah...
i got a FG 730S yesterday and i'm not at all fond of the strings, way to stiff. also thinking about getting some D'addario EJ16s =)
Quote by Noodle93
I use the same on my beginner F310P and when they're fresh their tone is so beautiful.

me too.. i use the d'addario ej16 on my ibanez acoustic..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R