Well, I've done as much research as I can stand and I've come to this : In my DiMarzio humbucker [DP216], theres the conventional 4 wires, black, red, green, white and the 'bare' wire. I know I ground the green and 'bare' wire, but the confusion starts with the other three wires. I'm putting this pickup into my Squire Strat (converting from SSS to HSS, probably not worth the investment), and I noticed that Squire switches are different from Fender switches. Diagrams have shown that I wire the red conductor to the switch, where my old bridge pickup used to be. Instructions say to solder/tape the black and white wires together ( and nothing further ), but other diagrams have shown that I solder them together onto a terminal on my 5way switch, so I'm lost as to what to do and what does what. I'd like to have the HB wired in series, nothing special.

So the real question is to what I should do with the black/white wires. Thanks in advance :] And sorry for the long post.
doesn't DiMarzio have wiring diagrams for this?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by methusalah2
Well, I've done as much research as I can stand and I've come to this : In my DiMarzio humbucker [DP216], theres the conventional 4 wires, black, red, green, white and the 'bare' wire. I know I ground the green and 'bare' wire, but the confusion starts with the other three wires. I'm putting this pickup into my Squire Strat (converting from SSS to HSS, probably not worth the investment), and I noticed that Squire switches are different from Fender switches. Diagrams have shown that I wire the red conductor to the switch, where my old bridge pickup used to be. Instructions say to solder/tape the black and white wires together ( and nothing further ), but other diagrams have shown that I solder them together onto a terminal on my 5way switch, so I'm lost as to what to do and what does what. I'd like to have the HB wired in series, nothing special.

So the real question is to what I should do with the black/white wires. Thanks in advance :] And sorry for the long post.
the black and white connected together are called the series link.

they can be connected together and just taped off to isolate them from the rest of the circuit.

if you want to do coil splitting, this connection can be grounded through using a push-pull pot to cause the split, or it can be split automatically when the bridge + middle position is selected on the 5-way.

this auto coil-split is probably what you saw in the other diagrams.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Alright. Thanks a lot I've been dying to play my guitar and now it can be confidently wired