Hi all,
A while ago I posted asking whether or not it would be possible to plug a cable into the USB output of a PodXT into the optical S/PDIF input of an Edirol FA-66 interface. Turns out (to no one's surprise) that this isn't goign to work. I was looking for another way to record the signal from the PodXT (and I don't want to send the main outs into the line inputs of the FA-66, because those will be used for micing cabs at the same time) and someone suggested that I just send the USB out from the Pod into the computer (MacBook Pro)

Would it be possible to record both the input from the FA-66 (the two mics) as well as the direct USB signal from the PodXT simultaneously in either Garageband or Logic? In my experience these programs can only record off of one soundcard at a time (eg. either the FA-66 or the internal soundcard, which is probably where the USB in from the PodXT would go...)?

Thanks for any info/help/suggestions

SPrestigious
MyGear;

Ibanez S2170NTF Prestige
Boss GT-8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Seagull Artist Cameo Cutaway with LR Baggs i-Beam Duet
Digitech Jam Man
Presonus Firebox Audio Interface
bump. I'd love some help on this one, if anyone knows much about it
MyGear;

Ibanez S2170NTF Prestige
Boss GT-8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Digitech Jam Man
When recording a podxt via USB your computer sees your pod as a soundcard so I bet you run into the same thing when trying to use the internal soundcard with the fa66. If it does allow you to, you may run into jitter which is caused by the soundcards not being sync'd together and will make your recordings near useless. I'd try getting some 1/4" TS -> RCA adapters, switch your podxt outputs to line and hooking your podxt up to the rca inputs. Its the same type of signal just different connectors. You should be able to get the adapters at radio shack for under $10.
that sounds like a perfect solution wetoscar, I didn't realize those types of adapters existed. Thanks very much - problem solved
MyGear;

Ibanez S2170NTF Prestige
Boss GT-8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Digitech Jam Man