Hey everyone, I really need your help. I really want to progress as a guitar player, but I keep hearing that if you want to be accurate and fast at the same time you have to use a metronome. Now, I only know how to use a metronome to practice scales and finger warm up exercises. The problem is that I don't know how to use a metronome to any songs. I want to play songs from Pantera, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Death, Suffocation, At the Gates, Black Dahlia Murder, etc. but I don't know how to apply the use of a metronome to any songs. I know about note durations like quarter notes, eighth notes, triplets, and sixteenth notes, but thats pretty much it and I only how to use it to finger exercises. So, everyone please post TONS of info on how to use a metronome to songs because Im having a hard time to do so.

Thank you all so much for you help, I appreciate it.
I don`t know if it would work as well as other methods , but try playing a song in one time ( 120, 150 even 200 if you are very skilled at that song ). It may work, it might not, It`ll just be a trile and error thin.
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
Well, how would you count to a metronome when learning a song? I'm sorry Im just a very detailed person so I need all of the details explained to me.
First you have to find out what tempo the song is played in. Then set your metronome at that speed and off you go!

There's no need to count the beat of each note while you're playing so long as you keep in time.
Well, if the tempo of the song is not at my level I will slow it down right? But, yes I would still like to have more answer just so I can really get the gist of it.
Also, if possible, can anyone post of a video on youtube of a lesson on how to use a metronome to a song if possible whether it can be from Pantera to Misfits, or anything that would be very helpful.

Thank you