hey guys. i have always been a huge fan of protest the hero, and i slowly want to start playing their kind of music, and i read somewhere that he used s470, but i hate the colors that it comes in, and i dont know why, but its pretty cheap. but the s5470 has a sick transparent sunburst, and seems to be at a reasonable price lol. so i was wondering if i could get that, and replace the pickups with like dimarzio evo's.

heres the link:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S5470-Electric-Guitar?sku=518112

thanks for any input

cheers
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
it's part of the prestige line. i say go for it.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
it's part of the prestige line. i say go for it.

that's something i forgot to ask. what are the prestige lines?
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by fli.pansy
that's something i forgot to ask. what are the prestige lines?

they are made in japan. they have better craftsmanship than other ibanez guitars. better wood is used in those guitars.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Woot?! From the name I though it was just another upgrade from the S470 line. New ZR2 bridge eh? How much better is it compare to the last one anyway?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

From what I can see the only difference between the ZR and the ZR2 is that the ZR2 has a snap-in tremolo arm where the ZR's is a screw-in.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by fli.pansy
hey guys. i have always been a huge fan of protest the hero, and i slowly want to start playing their kind of music, and i read somewhere that he used s470, but i hate the colors that it comes in, and i dont know why, but its pretty cheap. but the s5470 has a sick transparent sunburst, and seems to be at a reasonable price lol. so i was wondering if i could get that, and replace the pickups with like dimarzio evo's.

heres the link:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S5470-Electric-Guitar?sku=518112

thanks for any input

cheers

My god, get a job as a philosopher your sig is awesomely true!
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Well fli.pansy, you're like me... I really like Protest The Hero and I'd like to buy the S5470. But you want to replace the pickups by Dimarzio Evo's. It's not the best thing you could do because you'll loose all that clear sound that Luke plays.

In my opinion, you're better to leave things like they are. I know Dimarzio are the best pickups but you'll pay the guitar + the pickups. If you have 3000 budget lets go but if not, think about my advice