Gas pricing are killing me... I drive a F-150 and I am thinking about buying a 2008 Ford Focus. Anyone here own one? Opinions? I have heard some drivers say they get up to 38mpg on the highway.
The official MPG for the Focus is 35 on the highway and 24 city miles so you'll probably get somewhere in the middle or lower. It seems like a decent buy. That blue happens to be the best color it comes in too.
Quote by Is_6_9?
That's what a focus looks like in America?

Yes, and here is the coupe:

Last edited by TexasRG at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by Is_6_9?
That's what a focus looks like in America?

haha yeah that is a little sick

diesel versions over here do 50+mpg on motorway journeys
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Why not just get a hybrid?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
We don't get the diesels. You might be able to squeeze that kind of mileage out of a focus but it pales it comparison to a Prius or Honda. I have an SVT btw
Get a European diesel and do 65-70mpg.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by TexasRG
You won't see me in a Honda or Toyota... EVER.

Well you're in Texas and I'm in Maryland, so chances of me not seeing you doing anything are pretty high.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well you're in Texas and I'm in Maryland, so chances of me not seeing you doing anything are pretty high.

hahaha
Diamond Dave, they are quite a bit different. It seems like the US and European Focus' are set to compete in different market segments. In Europe it seems to compete in a more sporty oriented market, correct me if I'm wrong... while in the US, it is basically just a normal compact for people looking for good gas mileage and looking for some cool technology (Microsoft SYNC).
The American focus is an eyesore!

At least get something nice looking AKA European.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
What I really planned on getting was a 2008 Mustang GT, but with gas prices... I started having second thoughts. And if all I cared about was looks then I would definitely get a Mustang GT.
Oh how I love the Mustang GT...
Quote by TexasRG
Diamond Dave, they are quite a bit different. It seems like the US and European Focus' are set to compete in different market segments. In Europe it seems to compete in a more sporty oriented market, correct me if I'm wrong... while in the US, it is basically just a normal compact for people looking for good gas mileage and looking for some cool technology (Microsoft SYNC).

that sounds about right, we have several different models though from diesel to small petrol in sedan and hatchback and then on top of that we have the turbo charged ones like i posted.

the concept of a "hot hatch" isnt that big in australia but its huge in the UK i believe, obviously in the US if you want something fast you go for a V8 or something. its about half half here in australia, V8's and turbo charged kind of deals
That focus looks kinda messed up. Do you have LPG in America..? I'm not sure what you'd call it if it isn't called lpg. Whatever it is, get a car that's converted to it, or risk dying of high petrol/gas prices. (They topped $1.60/litre here in oz and they're expected to go higher..)
Sigs are overrated.