Lots of people complained about Dean guitars making a line of "dimebag" guitars, and some of these people blamed it on Dimebag's very long term girlfriend Rita. Here are my very personal thoughts on this subject:

I lost one of the closest people in my life a little over a year ago, that person meant more to me than any material object, or any amount of money, or any experience could. If someone gave me a chance to make a line of guitars or t-shirts or whatever with her name and image on it, or something that would let people know her, or remeber her I would do it in a second. Hell, I would do it for free even if they made millions of dollars on it. Just the thought that other people would get to know/remeber the person that left this earth with a piece of my heart and soul would be enough for me. A *LARGE* part of me believes that Rita and Vinnie feel the same way. Who wouldn't want someone's name who they treasured to live on? For new people to find their loved one and get enjoyment from their works?

And for those people who haven't *YET* lost a very closed loved one, the pain *NEVER* goes away. You will feel it forever, 50 years after their death you will feel it in your bones when someone brings the person up. Bringing people enjoyment through a tragic event may help to fight back some of this everlinging since of loss.
Razorbacks are the only guitar not custom that have V shaped necks i know of so they equal close to win, as they need modifications and are overpriced. TS i know what you are saying, but there is a difference between tribute and exploiting. Dimebag has been exploited a bit, the first line of razorbacks and signature MLs were like a tribute, except he designed the razorback like Randy Rhoads and the Jackson RR/concord. But they have pushed it kinda far depending on how you look at it.
I only see it as acceptable when the family get some of the money, like Chuck's Stealth line being brought out, helping to get the Schuldiners out of debt after his treatment.

Dimebag, quite apart from how much I think he was terrible, is being exploited, though. No doubt about it.
Every single popular musician's Death will be exploited. Make no doubt about it.

Doesnt matter who it is, Quorthon, Dimebag, Freddie Mercury, doesnt matter, its still gonna happen.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Of course great musicians have got to be remembered but this whole dimebag thing is going way to far...No one talks about Quorthon, Chuck Schuldiner, Cliff Burton, who were great, possibly better musicians than dimebag. No disrespect to anyone btw.
^ Yes they do...go to either of the Metallica, Death, or Bathory threads for talk about them, theres plenty of it, pretty hard to miss in all fairness.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Haha I cant say much about that, I have a tshirt that says 'Raise The Dead...Hail Quorthon' on the back of it.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
people don't mention Valfar very often though
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Windir just arent as popular I suppose.. But like there are so many metal musicians that have passed away and dont get the necrofellation treatment thankfully.

Mike Jastremski (Heathen Bassist)
Paul Balloff (Exodus Vocalist)
Steve MacDonald (Gorguts Drummer)
Mieszko Talarczyk (Nasum vocalist/guitarist)
Ben Marlin (Disgorge Bassist)
Jesse Pintado (Napalm Death, Terrorizer Guitarist)

Probably more.. Oh Jared Anderson too.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Who cares about fame, that was not my point. My loved was not famous, yet I would do anything to keep her name alive. My point was that I hope, and I believe that Rita and Vinnie both think this way.

Also, don't they both get money from this? Isn't a girlfriend of like 20 years(Rita), and a brother "family"? Whoever owns his estate, which includes his name, likeness, and his share in Pantera song writing is obviously getting paid, and i am guessing it is Rita.
Quote by webbtje
I only see it as acceptable when the family get some of the money, like Chuck's Stealth line being brought out, helping to get the Schuldiners out of debt after his treatment.

Dimebag, quite apart from how much I think he was terrible, is being exploited, though. No doubt about it.

+1

I think that Dimebag would have been remembered by all the fans in either case...
What irritates most the fans I suppose is that everyone and his brother is a Dimebag "fan" because of this merch-whoring, despite only hearing one and half Pantera songs and .03 of a Damageplan song.

Dime would have been remembered anyway....
Quote by powerhead
+1

I think that Dimebag would have been remembered by all the fans in either case...
What irritates most the fans I suppose is that everyone and his brother is a Dimebag "fan" because of this merch-whoring, despite only hearing one and half Pantera songs and .03 of a Damageplan song.

Dime would have been remembered anyway....

Maybe hearing so much about him and being a "fan" will inspire them to actually buy the albums and listen to see what the big deal is.