Page 1 of 2
Is anyone else offended that this new GW magazine cover features Dan Donegan (Disturbed) in a picture with loads of references to the classic Maiden picture that goes with The Trooper?

GW magazine gets worse and worse with every issue.

/rant over
Why would that offend you?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
They had a big article about how he was such a trooper, I didn't really care. It kinda just kept going tho. I was not impressed.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by metacarpi
Why would that offend you?

because Dan Donegan is hardly worthy of being in a picture that represents (basically) long and fast guitar solos, when he, himself, is incapable.

Edit:

obviously, I do.
|
V
Last edited by HeavenlyVirus at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
because Dan Donegan is hardly worthy of being in a picture that represents (basically) long and fast guitar solos, when he, himself, is incapable.

...it was supposed to represent him being a trooper. Like, never quitting and all that jizz jazzery.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by tremeloud
...it was supposed to represent him being a trooper. Like, never quitting and all that jizz jazzery.

This
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I am highly offended that a guitar player was on the cover of a guitar magazine. what is this world coming to?

next thing you know Les claypool is going to be on the cover of bass player.
then mario's gonna be on the cover on nintendo power!
I'm offended by your avatar, i don't make a thread about it
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

Edit:

obviously, I do.
|
V

How can you be so sure that he is incapable?
I'm offended by people who get offended.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

Edit:

obviously, I do.
|
V

And that actually offends you?

I can't believe people get butthurt about the literary devices used in writing articles about guitarists.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
How can you be so sure that he is incapable?

because I watched the video of him teaching his solo.

It sounded teh crap
Quote by windmill0466
teaching his solo for his song written in his style which per chance does not favor flashy guitar solos?

No. He sounded crap playing his own solo. lots of string noise and generally bad technique.
and we give the slightest of a ****ing **** why? seriously who cares what you think. you think a singular member of an ONLINE guitarists/bassists/whoever else likes to be here community is going to change anything or that anyone is going to even care?
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
Is anyone else offended that this new GW magazine cover features Dan Donegan (Disturbed) in a picture with loads of references to the classic Maiden picture that goes with The Trooper?

GW magazine gets worse and worse with every issue.

/rant over

maiden suck, so why bother moaning?
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
maiden suck, so why bother moaning?

Maiden don't suck you moron, One of the best bands ever far better than slipknot. This whole thread offends me.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
Quote by imgooley
I'm offended by people who get offended.

I'm offended by people who get offended by people who are offended.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
No. He sounded crap playing his own solo. lots of string noise and generally bad technique.

it's not as if maiden's guitarists are Shawn Lane, Paul Gilbert and Vai is it?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Mathamology
They don't suffer from excessive string noise or bad technique though?

well actually Paul Gilbert tries to get string noise.

my point was that he's being elitist over some mediocre guitarists.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Jesus, you sound like a big bitch. You sure you're really offended by this?

And, as someone said, Maiden do indeed suck anyway.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
well actually Paul Gilbert tries to get string noise.

my point was that he's being elitist over some mediocre guitarists.

Yeah, though, he was referring to unwanted string noise. I like making string noise, though I also suffer from the unwanted kind as well

I wouldn't say they're 'mediocre' (though, perhaps on a technical spectrum they'd sit around the middle somewhere), but I would say they are definitly overated by many.
If that offends you then you should just do yourself a favour and jump off a bridge.
It'll save you the hassle of life with things that actually matter.
Whats the matter, got your rags?
The guy plays in a band that doesn't require guitar solo's frequently, your entire argument is based on this video that you haven't linked. Hey, maybe if he played fast you'd be bitching about how his soloing has no meaning and he's just a show off.
If you can't actually deal with the fact that a guitar magazine has a guitarist on the cover and an article about him, then go and whine about it in a video on youtube.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by groll01
I'm offended by your avatar, i don't make a thread about it

+sideways eight

your avatar is not at all right.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by YngwieJnr
I'm offended by people who get offended by people who are offended.

I'm offended by people who are offended by people who get offended by people who... wait... 1, 2, 3... oh nevermind.

Anyway I think Disturbed are very overrated. Not bad, just overrated. And to whoever said Iron Maiden sucks, +a lot of points.

I respect that they were big influences in a lot of the music I like, but I also get amusement out of the fact that they're such huge inspirations to everyone, and yet they kinda suck.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
This thread fails. TS needs to get over himself, because I'm sure he's perfect and would have been a much better choice for the GW cover.
Spiral Out
The only thing that offended me about that Guitar World was the fact that they had an advertisment as the cover,and then you turn the ad cover to get to the page with what should be on the cover of the magazine.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I'm Grant, nice to meet you Offended.

Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
haha.
thanks for the lulz guys.
like i was really "offended"

Really? So does that mean I should report you for a spam thread in which you pissed off so many people?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance