I'm looking for a new acoustic. I'm pretty annoyed by the comfort of most acoustics, sitting down. I have played a few that seem to have more deeper curve in teh body that sit on my leg very well, but I don't remember the brand or model.

Know of any?
I never noticed a big difference in the dip on the bottom. Maybe you should experiment with body sizes. I think no matter what you get, it will grow on ya. I have an ovation, and my friend's Taylor grand auditorium has become so uncomfortable. Everyone says the ovations slip off your leg, but I think all those people just need a shorter stool. You should get something that has the comfort in the fret board that you like, the sound that you like, and the body style you like.
I never noticed a big difference in the dip on the bottom. Maybe you should experiment with body sizes. I think no matter what you get, it will grow on ya. I have an ovation, and my friend's Taylor grand auditorium has become so uncomfortable. Everyone says the ovations slip off your leg, but I think all those people just need a shorter stool. You should get something that has the comfort in the fret board that you like, the sound that you like, and the body style you like.
This is a very difficult question to answer. Whether or not it sits well is going to depend on your height, weight etc. What is comfortable for some may not be for others.
The best thing to do is to try a few guitars and see what feels comfortable. If you're looking for a new guitar tell us your price range and we'll give you some recommendations.
Try out some OM body guitars. They are smaller and more comfortable.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by tom183
This is a very difficult question to answer. Whether or not it sits well is going to depend on your height, weight etc. What is comfortable for some may not be for others.
The best thing to do is to try a few guitars and see what feels comfortable. If you're looking for a new guitar tell us your price range and we'll give you some recommendations.

other factors of comfort would involve how large and round your belly is and if you have a bit of flab on your thighs as well. i know i have a bit of both and that some guitars arent comfortable at all... an example being ovations. ovations dont work with me, haha.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by slidething31
Try out some OM body guitars. They are smaller and more comfortable.

Yup, OOO or OM shaped guitars would suit you very very well.

I can vouch for the greatness of the Johnson Carolina JO-27, incredible guitar for $600 or less.
Quote by TUMFP
Yup, OOO or OM shaped guitars would suit you very very well.

I can vouch for the greatness of the Johnson Carolina JO-27, incredible guitar for $600 or less.

Ditto. or a Larrivee L- series, slightly larger than OM, therefore more volume/bass, but still smaller than a Dred.