I gotta check, because it is a good price!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250256243310

Everything seems ok. It doesnt have the usual epiphone stickers on the back, dont know why the seller would take them off. I dont know what the back of epiphone headstocks look like, does that look ok? Seems bizarre how the seller wont tell you the serial number until you have bought it, although they supposedly offer a 7-day return policy if you arent happy. What do people think? A lot of his feedback is private but the last few epiphone guitars he has sold have had good comments. He seems to just sell epiphone guitars, is it possible he just buys epiphone les pauls in bulk and sells them cheap? It seems criminally cheap seeing as my local shop sells them for £350 (although GAK do them for £250)
IMO it looks pretty legit.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
hmm it apparently comes with original box...

i suppose it is "This guitar is a 100% store condition real Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar with all the authentic bits and 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The guitar comes in best playing condition, perfectly adjusted by experienced guitar tech!"

there is quite an emphasis on 100%!!!! maybe im just being paranoid.

The listing offers a returns policy, so if they dont let me what kind of protection will ebay give me? and if i do get it what should i expect from a real epiphone? is the serial number printed on a real epiphone or is it pressed in like a gibson?
Real and beautifull.
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
It looks legit, but I wouldn't risk it. You can buy it on other online stores for the exact same price (in fact, for £10 less on a few sites), and you know then that it's definitely going to be 100% legit for sure. So by getting that eBay one, you'd be taking a completely unnecessary risk, for no advantage.

More to the point though, you shouldn't buy Epiphones online anyway. Their quality control is so dodgy, you have to play the guitar you intend to buy, before you buy it. So buying online (where you can't try the specific guitar out) is no good for Epiphones.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
true but it has apparently been set up by a tech (100% guaranteed might I add) so if it is rubbish I can send it back

I took the risk a few months back with a MIM strat and it is the best darn MIM strat i have ever played.

What are these sites that have them £10 less? I wasnt going to pay the £230 anyway, i was going to make an offer
Well there's here for starters.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
you're a funny guy mr flibbles - i have used google before - the shopping bit yeilds no results for cheaper than that, and i figured to save me clicking on every single result until i find somewhere cheaper, a nice guy like you could just tell me what site
Seems really cheap but also seems legit. I think you're safe on this one, mate.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
cheers kurapica - anyone know how good ebay are at sorting problems out if i do have a problem?
No worries ^^ The guy has two of them, so I assume he runs a shop and is clearing stock or something like that. All his other items are Epi LP's too, so that's probably the case. Things like this happen sometimes and it can be a great chance to pick up a bargain.

It's located in Birmingham, it might be worth asking him if there's a shop you can visit or whatever.

As for having a problem, you should be fine. I got my Tele from Japan without any hassle Although it took 2 days to get from Tokyo to Coventry, then 2 weeks to get from Coventry...kick in the nuts!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

well ive made an offer so we'll see. I cant get to birmingham unfortunately. And there isnt a guitar shop anywhere near where i am right now, which just sucks. and back at home my soundcontrol (if still open) will charge me £350, and my local independant shop will charge me £370.... so i guess seeing as i have to get off the internet i may aswell make an offer for this cheap one!
Good luck mate! I'm sure it'll be fine!

So you not happy with the Vintage then? I heard they were nice guitars.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

oh im happy with the Vintage, but it is getting old and starting to show its age - i got a pre-trevor wilkinson one and have had it for absolutely ages. The frets are worn down, the neck is slightly warped and it would just be cheaper to get a new one than repair it - im not retiring it though, im going to keep the epiphone in half-step tuning to play GnR and keep the vintage in standard - it still plays perfectly fine.

I guess im just terrible for buying guitars...
Hell, it says "Guaranteed Authenticity" so it probably is. If not, send it back.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I call fake - looks like the guy's a chancer who buys in fakes from the likes of payless then sells them on for a profit...I wouldn't touch them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
oh im happy with the Vintage, but it is getting old and starting to show its age - i got a pre-trevor wilkinson one and have had it for absolutely ages. The frets are worn down, the neck is slightly warped and it would just be cheaper to get a new one than repair it - im not retiring it though, im going to keep the epiphone in half-step tuning to play GnR and keep the vintage in standard - it still plays perfectly fine.

I guess im just terrible for buying guitars...

Fair enough then mate I can't really say anything as all of my guitars are in Standard anyways!

If I were you, I'd get the Vintage sorted out at some point too. It's always nice to be able to still play your first guitar. I put Swinesheads in mine and I still use it all the time, sounds great!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

why did he remove the 3 stickers from the back of the head stock?
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by Kurapica
Fair enough then mate I can't really say anything as all of my guitars are in Standard anyways!

If I were you, I'd get the Vintage sorted out at some point too. It's always nice to be able to still play your first guitar. I put Swinesheads in mine and I still use it all the time, sounds great!

I'd just get a new Vintage, the Peter Green inspired Les Pauls are really good.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71400
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
I'd just get a new Vintage, the Peter Green inspired Les Pauls are really good.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71400

I really need to check them out on the next journey around the stores. I've heard great things about them. Would make a nice workhorse.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

are the non faded vintages exactly the same as the faded ones? I like the peter green on paper, but i dont like buying bashed up guitars for more than a shiny one!!

The guy wants £205 for the epiphone, but im not sure... you have raised good points, but he does claim to have the original box and stuff... ill have a think

to be honest, the fact im not 100% convinced should be enough.

Can anyone tell me anything about the new trevor wilkinsons V100s (and the faded ones) - ive heard they are thicker than the older ones and better quality... Is the peter green one better than a standard v100? is the only difference the finish? Cheers everyone
Something about that guitar doesnt sit right with me
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
are the non faded vintages exactly the same as the faded ones? I like the peter green on paper, but i dont like buying bashed up guitars for more than a shiny one!!

The guy wants £205 for the epiphone, but im not sure... you have raised good points, but he does claim to have the original box and stuff... ill have a think

to be honest, the fact im not 100% convinced should be enough.

Can anyone tell me anything about the new trevor wilkinsons V100s (and the faded ones) - ive heard they are thicker than the older ones and better quality... Is the peter green one better than a standard v100? is the only difference the finish? Cheers everyone

The Peter Green one replicates the wiring on the original...there's a bloke who plays in my town and he owns stuff like a Heritage semi-hollow, 70's tele and a Fret King but happily gigs with the Vintage.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Snapple
Something about that guitar doesnt sit right with me

yeah same here (hence asking..) and i think that should be enough to put me off - i dont think im comfortable buying something that i do not 100% jump at the opportunity to get.

Yeah i have read about the peter green, it looks good. My local shop only stocks the standard v100s and the cherry and tobacco burst distressed v100s though. does anyone know of any differences betwen these? I dont like the damage they do to the distressed ones, but i dont like the very very glossy finish of the normals (apparently the finish is the only thing that lets them down)

there is only £10 between them (£179 for v100 and £189 for V100MR) Is it worth the extra tenner? Is the peter green model significantly better? (I cant only find one for £250 - worth it?) Are these a good rival to epiphone? sorry for all of the questions
Quote by dookieguy
The font of the serial number is wrong.

Really!? cheers! Thats alarming!