my brother is looking for a guitar nd he decided he wanted a epiphone SG G310

he doesnt kno anythin bout guitars he chose this 1 nd im a bass guy nd the only thing i coud say was get the G400

so anyways any good recomandations for a 1st guitar? nd r these 1s anygood?
Last edited by sonsie at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by sonsie
my bruda

that word makes me not want to respond
Last edited by rancidryan at Jun 10, 2008,
The G-310 is 'okay' for the money. But it's not a 'real' SG in that 1) it's got a bolt-on neck which severely reduces the upper fret access, which defeats the point of the Sg design in the first place, and 2) it's body is made of alder, which means it has a much brighter tone and slightly less sustain than a normal SG, and it makes it even more neck-heavy (the neck will swing down to the ground if you ever let go of it) than a normal SG too.

On the other hand, the G-400 has everything a real SG should have and is generally regarded as the best budget SG around. They're great for beginners, they're decent for intermediate players, and you could even easily use them for gigging if you give it just a few common upgrades.

Considering the G-400 doesn't cost that much more, you might as well go for that, the G-310 is just a pointless downgrade.

Quote by rancidryan
that word make me not want to respond
I thought that at first too, but then I figure, the quicker he gets an answer, the quicker he'll leave and we won't need to suffer any more of that god-awful talk.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by sonsie
my bruda is looking for a guitar nd he decided he wanted a epiphone SG G310

he doesnt kno anythin bout guitars he chose this 1 nd im a bass guy nd the only thing i coud say was get the G400

so anyways any good recomandations for a 1st guitar? nd r these 1s anygood?

Style of music? Budget?
DAMN IT I NEED ANSWERS!
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
ok i changed it 2 brother

nd budget is not much of a problem anythin under $1000AU nd he mainly just looks around nd plays stuff, try nd go for RHCP as style of music
rhcp plays with a fender strat so ur lookin for a single coil guitar like a strat
or their HSS strat which has 1 humbucker
u guys r the biggest bunch of douches ever no offense, when i write the world's stupidest question on a bass forum they all just respond no matter how badly the spelling or the question is so y dont u just grow a dick nd help me...please
for a starter guitar, try a squier. 3 single coils for rhcp, and you can usually find a starter set that comes with an amp. But, for $1000, you might be able to get a real fender. a MIM strat maybe? but I don't know prices in aud.

Oh, and be nice. These people are only trying to help. A bit of courtesy and a spellchecker go a long way here.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
ok thanks for that joeval il keep that in mind

btw if it makes u feel good i didnt mean you in that group of people
Quote by sonsie
u guys r the biggest bunch of douches ever no offense, when i write the world's stupidest question on a bass forum they all just respond no matter how badly the spelling or the question is so y dont u just grow a dick nd help me...please

There's your answer right there

Reading stuff that's mis-spelled or just plain lazy is hard work, if somebody can't be bothered to make the effort to write properly why should people make the effort to help?

Yamaha Pacifica 112 and a Roland Microcube.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yamaha Pacifica's are great beginner guitars

Not sure about prices in AUD but a MIM strat would be ghetto! xD
/CENTER]
no problem sonsie.

After a few minutes of internet research, I can safely tell you that, Yes, you can get a MIM strat for 500-600 aud. Which leaves plenty of money for an amp (or beer).
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here