ok, i got 270 quid for my birthday the other day (about $540) and im looking to get either a whammy or a TC-electronic g-major, yes they are pretty different and they both do different things, they both have downsides and upsides. the g-major has a whammy in it but i dont know how good it is, and the major seems to like breaking apart soon after buying it. the whammy likes to suck a bit of your tone and i have to use the stupid digitech PSU. i really want the whammy but its a lot of money for just one effect and im thinking that i might get much more in the major.
I play lots of rock, mainly Satriani style solos and Alter Bridge/Creed rhythm stuff.

My amp is a Spider Valve 112, DO NOT tell me to put the money towards another amp, i am very happy with this one

I am open to any other suggestions, but i dont want any drive boxes because im happy with my tone and im getting the Satchurator anyway

Thanks guys and gals
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck norris

A lot
I guess it depends wether it's just the whammy sound you're looking for or wether you want other FXs with it. Ive never tried a spider and i don't know what the effects on it are like (correct me if im wrong). Whilst whammys give a much better sound than whammy imitations, they are awfully expensive and are only really useful with lead playing. If you're feeling really creative and prepared to think outside the box id say go with the whammy, they are great fun.
Dimebag 1966 - 2004, still missin ya dude
i think because theyre both so different, i think if people said what they would personally go for, and give reasons, then ill be able to make a choice from that. thanks acshadow, at the moment im leaning towards the whammy, but its just the price and the fact that 90% of the time i wont be using it, cos if u use the whammy the whole time u sound like a twit :P i would be using the g-major a lot more...

A lot
Uhh if you mean whammy as in just a whammy bar then that will suit especially if your doing satriani songs, surfing with alien etc uses them, you also get to experiment a bit also if you are recording songs you can always add in a few strange notes with the whammy that make the overall song seem more professional if it sounds good...and you can always go and buy the other thing too later or viceversa. if you dont mean a whammy bar and actually like an effect or something then ignore what i just said lol sorry
i meant a digitech whammy actually, my mistake, i sorta should have put that in the first post. soooorrrryyy

A lot
whats a digitech whammy just an effect one? Ive used a whammy effect on my behringer but its constantly on and i didnt think much of it...is the digitech one a pedal that you can modulate when you want? or is it constantly producing the sound?
Quote by BlueFlames
whats a digitech whammy just an effect one? Ive used a whammy effect on my behringer but its constantly on and i didnt think much of it...is the digitech one a pedal that you can modulate when you want? or is it constantly producing the sound?

The Digitech whammy is an effects pedal used to simulate pitchshifting effects of a whammy bar as well as create harmonies such as octaves and fifths and thirds. Satch and Tom morello are 2 of its famous users.

I think you might have to test this one bud. The Gmajor is probably the best multi-fx processor on the market (IMHO) but if you want that whammy sound, you might have to just get the whammy pedal.