How do you get a job in a guitar or music shop? Walk in and ask? Call em up and ask? Or are they mostly privately-owned and won't even consider randoms?
It's not like music shop owners are from a different planet. Just ask if they need someone.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Why would you want to?
Its not as "cool" as it looks and you don't get to play guitar all day, you just listen to 12 year olds shred xD
/CENTER]
Just hang around all, day, everyday, until they employ you just to make you look useful. Tried and tested method.
Maybe you should try and get work experience at one of those stores. Then after you do a week or so ask them if they needed someone for a casual or part-time position. Or even if they didn't you can put it on your resume and send them to all of the local music shops.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
i had the same thought, but it would probably be as sh*t and boring as most other jobs
no im sorry they check on websites like these and then auto ban anyone from ug working at a guitar shop, they need mature people.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
walk in ask if they need anyone, even if they don't at the time give them a resume or a number to hang onto..... or do what i did and do work experience for a week get em to write a sweet as reference then give it back to em and ask for a job haha
Guitarist for Adelaide Post Hardcore band Emerald City EmeraldCityAU

Playing a Fender Blacktop Tele through an Orange Dual Terror and 2x12.
Quote by johnnypark30
How do you get a job in a guitar or music shop? Walk in and ask? Call em up and ask? Or are they mostly privately-owned and won't even consider randoms?

Eurgh, I worked in one for 2 weeks.
Most boring 2 weeks of my life.
Well most people I've encountered in these stores have been bastards so be a bastard.
^yeah, talk sh*t like you know everything about guitars and make the customer feel like a complete noob
Get work experience first, I did that and realised that it really sucked.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!