Does a randall RG75G2 have more gain then a randall 15XM practice amp? is it mechanical? Why dont all amps just increase the gain instead of limiting the amount of music that they can play?

Thanks in advance
Quote by pl0x
I've never heard of randall :S

They are quite big in the alt/heavy scene I think.

Interesting point TS, alot of it's down to marketing and having large ranges.

It also boils down to all amps are voiced for different styles and things.

You can pick up a versitile amp though such as a Hot Rod Deluxe, certain tube Marshalls or a JSX (expensive).
Quote by Epic_chef
Does a randall RG75G2 have more gain then a randall 15XM practice amp? is it mechanical? Why dont all amps just increase the gain instead of limiting the amount of music that they can play?

Thanks in advance

Because more gain mostly means bad cleans
Gain is the signal level ( and if the signal level is too high then distorsion occure) higher gain higher distorsion.
By the way i relly dont understend what you say, gain isnt limiting anyting, if you want more gain buy a booster pedal or distrosion pedal.
Quote by Epic_chef

Thanks in advance

Arming amps with a good sounding distortion channels would significantly raise their prices.