Anybody here play the drums too? I'm thinking about learning the drums and have a couple questions, if anybody can help me out. I was looking at this set because it's cheap and I've heard a few people say it would be a good beginner set.

But looking at it.... Everybody I've ever seen playing the drums has had way more things than what comes with that set. Will I be able to attempt to learn the songs I want to learn and not run into problems because I don't have enough equipment? Will it be like trying to learn to play the guitar with only 5 strings instead of 6?

Thanks for any help.
You will be fine with that set. If you get any more pieces you will be overwhelmed.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
I used to play drums but I stopped when I started playing guitar because it was impossible to juggle so many instruments but yeah that kit has got enough pieces, although you could save up for another cymbol as they will probably not sound very good.
i play drums aswell

its better to have less than more

a friend of mine has so many toms he goes out of time cause he has such a wide choice of what to hit
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
Quote by sammixuk
i play drums aswell

its better to have less than more

a friend of mine has so many toms he goes out of time cause he has such a wide choice of what to hit

That's not because he has too many toms, it's because he sucks
I have 3 rack toms and 2 floor toms, and I don't go out of time because of that.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
most basic sets have the same amount of equipment. for a beginner it's good to start with something cheap and basic incase you don't like it as much as slaying on a guitar.
Thanks for all the help, but I have another question too.

What about tuning?

Do you have to tune the drums to the song when playing a song that's done in a non-standard tuning such as Drop C or Eb?
Quote by Matt42
Thanks for all the help, but I have another question too.

What about tuning?

Do you have to tune the drums to the song when playing a song that's done in a non-standard tuning such as Drop C or Eb?

Yeah its common to drop tune to J when playing as low as Drop C.

Hope this helps.