i have an rg350dx which has been signed by paul gilbert. i am thinking of getting club joe tickets when i see satch and to have it signed by him as well. i figure if i do that, the increased price in selling the guitar might pay for the price of the club joe upgrade. so how much more than your average rg350 is a guitar signed by these two worth?
Last edited by no_thing101 at Jun 10, 2008,
^Are you serious? PG and Satch will sign a guitar for anyone. It's not rare.

For a fan of PG/Satch or a collector of guitars - Only slightly more.

For someone who isn't a fan - Less than what you'd get for an RG350DX that hasn't had someone they've never heard of scribble all over it.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
It'll be worth tens of thousands if you assassinate everyone it's been signed by
ohai little sig.
I wasn't joking I was just guessing. I have no idea what its worth but some sucker might pay that for it.
I say find the right person and you`l get what your looking for.
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
If it's signed to a certain person it'll be less valuable.
Signatures are overrated.
Not a great deal more, but maybe a cheeky $50 or so. It's more about what it means to you, I guess. It's cooler if you get a photo of them signing it too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
you could prob increase the value of the instrument by 100$ tops, u still have to find a collector or somebody that would like to have a signed guitar, but if u hang on to it for a while then the value will def increase by alot...say PG and Satch both die in a few years that guitar could be worth at least 3 times it's value...i guess it would be kinda like owning a guitar signed by jim morrison or kurt cobain or something like that (maybe a bit less)
just keep it for yourself

then its worth as much as u want it to be
MD5K
IBANEZ
my guess is that it will be worth more than if it wasnt signed.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I'd imagine you'd get a better increase in value if you had them sign their own signature series models... Maybe after they die the value of the guitar will go up, but I can't imagine you selling it for more than a $100 profit.
Yer same my guitar is signed by jimi hendrix, dave grohl and matt bellamy.

Unless you have evidence its worthless and makes the guitar of less value, becuase u can just copy there signature
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by GuitarManDan15
Yer same my guitar is signed by jimi hendrix, dave grohl and matt bellamy.

Unless you have evidence its worthless and makes the guitar of less value, becuase u can just copy there signature

pics or it didn't happen. seriously.
Quote by The red Strat.
pics or it didn't happen. seriously.

That was the point he was making. It didn't happen.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
keep it maintained somewhere until they die

if they live too long for you to care, that guitar thats been in the closet is probably going to be a classic, or not.
It costs the price of the guitar minus how much it costs to get the ink removed...
The only way you'll get any real money out of it is if they've both been dead for a few years.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Get it signed by tons of people, maybe go back in time and get it signed by like, Jimi Hendrix (take a photo, to prove so) and yeah, you're sorted!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
have a look at autographed guitars on ebay - theres hundreds of them. they don't command such a high price as you may think.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Ehh,anyone can have a signed guitar.In my place,there's this guy who prints Petrucci's signatures and sells them.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
if they banged jessica alba while playing the guitar it would be worth a lot...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Even when Paul Gilbert dies, it won't go much up in price. There seem to be a lot of guitars signed by him around, and on top of that many of them are also his signature guitar.

Also keep in mind that when he dies, odds are he is going to have less and less fans, so the demand will go down as well. Also Paul Gilbert is to my understanding a pretty nice guy about autographs, I would think most all of his obsessive fans have probably gone to shows and gotten things signed anyways.
My Gretsch has been signed by a bunch of folks I've opened for....
Rev. Horton Heat, Link Wray, Th' Legendary Shackshakers, Deadbolt, Scott Biram, Lucero, Unknown Hinson, and a bunch more....the thing is covered with signatures...

The value is, in realistic terms, what YOU think it's worth.
Just don't expect anyone else to agree with you!!!!

I consider my Gretsch priceless, and I'll never sell it.