I think I have all the pretentious underground stuff to last me for awhile, now I'm just looking for stuff that I can sing and dance to while driving in the car by myself. Something along the veins of...... swoopy dumb haircuts, random strumming of barre chords and nonsensical lyrics. Stuff like Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, and the worst hype band of all time... dun dun dun Arctic Monkeys!
Maximo Park are good and shouldn't be looked on as similar to Hard-Fi.
I can understand the Arctic Monkeys comments though.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Libertines
Stone roses
Modest mouse
the courteeners
the fratellis
little man tate
cloud cult
the rocket summer
silversun pickups
the wombats
blur
the frames
barenaked ladies
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Last edited by charlie__flynn at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by lefthandman9876
no really dont.

haha yeah.

Razorlight? Oasis? Pigeon Detectives?
Quote by charlie__flynn
Libertines
Stone roses
Modest mouse
the courteeners
the fratellis
little man tate
cloud cult
the rocket summer
silversun pickups
the wombats
blur
the frames
barenaked ladies

These. I bolded my favorites.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Fraz01
Buy a copy of NME.

Haha god no. And I'd like semi-decent bands (I know it's subjective) like for instance the Wombats while they fit into this genre, they are awful.

Thank you everyone who gave suggestions.
Quote by Sid McCall
These. I bolded my favorites.

Of which all but two are not British
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
we are the scientists. they are kinda so-so IMO (and American), but they fit the sound you are looking for.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by sponj
just open your eyes

None of these bands are popular in America, except the Arctic Monkeys because the hype bus went full steam ahead even before they dropped an album. When I tried to look I ended up finding a bunch of below average bands that had a striking resemblance to the trash rock that plagues our airwaves here (*hint the resemblance is they are both trash*)
The modern brit-pop era is abysmal. All the bands are trying to mimic the Arctic Monkeys, except theyre trying to do without the talent part, which creates a genre were 90% of songs are nearly unidentifiable between 10 other bands.

From the newest era of Brit-Pop, so to speak i'd got for these:-

The Libertines - Up The Bracket (A good album with some great lyrics about modern city life)
Arctic Monkeys - WPSIATWIN (I don't regard hype and critics views, i go off my own opinion and this is still a very good album, not as great as the media would lead you to believe but nevertheless a good album.)
The Doves - Last Broadcast (a very underrated British album)
The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free (very different to the first three, and you'll either love it or loathe it, but it's very well made and true to modern Britain)
Don't know if Bloc Party counts as pop, but they sure do make good stuff.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Andrewbiles
Of which all but two are not British

Hey, I didn't list them, I just supported previous recommendations.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Pete and the Pirates maybe?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Sid McCall
Hey, I didn't list them, I just supported previous recommendations.

I know, it just made me laugh that under brit-pop there were quite a lot of American recommendations - although I do understand it because of the sound rather than the location.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by TeeRav
ever hear of coldplay?

Hmm, rings a bell...

In all seriousness though, the new album has some really great tracks on it, although I'm not sure that they'd fit into the Brit-pop description.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by mattyp90
Hmm, rings a bell...

In all seriousness though, the new album has some really great tracks on it, although I'm not sure that they'd fit into the Brit-pop description.

Yeah, unless you've been living as one of the last uncontacted people in the world I'm sure you've heard of it haha.

Anyway, yeah I quite enjoy the new album (that along with Parachutes, everything else is bleaaaahhh).
Oasis has been releasing some good **** lately
I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I am not
-Kurt Cobain
Quote by charlie__flynn

Modest mouse

Modest Mouse? They don't fit in that category. The rest of that list did, but Modest Mouse are way too "out-there" to be mainstream, NME-endorsed, singalong Brit-pop.

Blur are always a good choice. Bloc Party. Dirty Pretty Things are great. The Futureheads, Kasabian, Kings of Leon...

Not Britpop, but the Strokes are similar, as are the Killers.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Here listen to these- they'l have you singing and jumping round ur car all day and night

The holloways

the wombats

The metros

then some aussie inde listen to -the grates
enjoy
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
Supergrass!

Go for their first album I should coco - defines adolescent mayhem!

If you want a masterpiece go for their second album, In it for the money - a good mix of vibrant fun, and magical soulful uplift.
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.