hey there, i saw this idea somewhere else on line, and it sounded really cool. i figure all i would have to do is put a buzzing gotoh(sp?) bridge on it, and maybe replacing the tail peice. does anyone know where i might find one of these (the buzzing bridge)? also, is there anyreason that this might not work? thanks for the help
-pete
Sitars usually have a few sets of sympathetic strings as well. Truthfully though, I don't know much more about them then that

I tried finding a buzz bridge for you but came up with nothing. Found a couple of sites with people offering them custom but I imagine that will not come cheap.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Word.

I remember a ways back I threaded a plain .008" string through the strings at the bridge.

Didn't sound great, but it did the job at the time.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^ my sitar has 14 sympathetic strings to 7 playable strings. It's a f*cking pain to tune

TS, thinking abiut it, if you just want a sitar sound, I'm pretty sure there are a few decent sitar simulator pedals.

the usual electric sitars will have 6 strings guitar strings and 13 sympathetic strings, but they make a "baby sitar" with just the six strings, and the bridge will buzz like a sitar.

also, i heard that sitar sim pedals suck the hardest ass ever
Quote by gratefulduck
the usual electric sitars will have 6 strings guitar strings and 13 sympathetic strings, but they make a "baby sitar" with just the six strings, and the bridge will buzz like a sitar.

Yeah, mine's not an electric sitar India made, India bought

If you find a way to do it yourself, good luck with it though. I'll check into this thread for developments.