Which epi les paul should i invest in because ive got 700 to spend on a guitar and i want a les paul? btw i was thinking of the custom in alpine white
elitist les paul
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i would invest it in a fender over an epiphone...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!

fender dont make les pauls :\
PSN name = Barmanation
For $700 you could get this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-UltraII-Electric-Guitar?sku=515624

Basically a Les Paul Ultra but with a piezo pickup and a beautiful quilted maple top.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
epi les paul ultra or ultra II then.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
For $700 you could get this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-UltraII-Electric-Guitar?sku=515624

Basically a Les Paul Ultra but with a piezo pickup and a beautiful quilted maple top.

That's what i'm getting this summer...****in awesome guitar
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
the ultra is chambered. some don't like the chambered body. if you dont mind, then get it. look into the standard les pauls.
Quote by bi-ah!

That's silly advice, if he's thinking of a Les Paul he probably wants a Les Paul sound, and the only Fender which delivers that kind of sound is the '72 Custom Double Fat Tele, which would be well out of his price range. Bad advice.

Be warned, although the quality of the materials in the Epiphones is high, they come from the factory with everything really loose. So you'll need to tighten every nut and screw. Also, the pickups are average at best. I've got the exact guitar you;re talking about (The Les Paul Custom, coincidentally, also in Alpine White) and the first thing I did was tighten it all up, then replaced the pickups with a Gibson BurstBucker Pro in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Jazz Humbucker in the neck. Still cost far less than a Gibson or Elitist but has a tone that is absolutely perfect for a Les Paul. I also replaced the pickup selector because Epiphone toggle switches are the worst in the world.

So although it's made of good parts (Except for the pickup selector) and good wood, the pickups really let it down. Once those are changed though, they're excellent guitars.
Buy an epi les paul custom or a used gibson lp studio.
Gibson SG Standard
MIJ 57 Fender Strat

Marshall JVM & Fender Blues Junior NOS

Dunlop Crybaby from Hell, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, Boss DS1, EHX Big Muff, EHX Digital Delay, MXR Dyna Comp
Kinda funny cause i was gonna plan to change the pickups to i beleive they are gibson 490t 's
Quote by brandon_
Id rather get a tuba

uhh... is that even near a les paul?
Quote by brandon_
Id rather get a tuba

Reported for spam.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Reported for spam.

good.
i ve got the ultra 2 you talked about and i must say it s a really good guitar!!!
UlTiMaTe
fuckin'
GuItAr

hello from welschingen (germany)

bee my Rock'n'Roll queen!!
If you can dish out another 50 bucks, consider this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARC500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512347

It has better tonewood, better construction (damn Epiphone and their ever loose input jacks!) and some of the finest pickups on the market. Ibanez uses those on some of the finest prestige series instruments, excellent for anything blues or rock oriented. To top it off, it looks classier than the Epi's, even classier than the custom models (which have, as has been mentioned, poor pickups).

If you want to go cheaper though or just want a different look, check ou this guitar:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

Construction is just as solid as on the above guitar, tonewoods are still high quality. Only thing that is really worse are the pickups. Mind you, they may not be as good as on the above guitar, but they're still better than stock Epiphone pickups.