Page 1 of 2
Ok so at the end of this summer i am going to be flying back to turkey and i was wondering how i can get my guitar on an airplane, without having to check it as baggage. I'm getting a nice SKB Case with TSA aproved locks, will that help?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
i suggest get an aluminum case.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Just hold the airport at gunpoint, hijack a plane, put your guitar in the plane by moving it on there (dumbass) and then fly into the world trade centers.

Not to mention afterwords you can get all the virgins you want.
Quote by brandon_
Just hold the airport at gunpoint, hijack a plane, put your guitar in the plane by moving it on there (dumbass) and then fly into the world trade centers.

Uhh...i was looking for serious advice?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
the best way to do it is take off the neck and put it in a blankit and then a backpack thats what i do then i just bring a gig bag
Ok lemme rephrase my request...i am getting a hardshell case, i want to know how to get that and my guitar on the plane...without having to be checked as baggage
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
I don't know of any airlines that will let you have a carry-on that large. If you're hell-bent on not checking it, I suggest you ship it home instead of bring it on the plane.
Quote by aaron00lee
Ok lemme rephrase my request...i am getting a hardshell case, i want to know how to get that and my guitar on the plane...without having to be checked as baggage

you can buy a separate ticket for it so it seats beside you. my friend did this.
Quote by Jim85IROC
I don't know of any airlines that will let you have a carry-on that large. If you're hell-bent on not checking it, I suggest you ship it home instead of bring it on the plane.

And how much would that cost...any ideas?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
u can buy an extra ticket to put ur guitar on. My friend did that after the nutheads at the irport broke his brand new frankenstrat...he bought another one bought alos bought a ticket for the guitar
Quote by brandon_

What the fuck man? That's not even remotely funny. Get a life.
buy an extra ticket and put your guitar in a soft case.
Quote by wretchedspawn
buy a ukellele

way to go. you just raised your post count.
that's not helpful.
my mother just flew Delta to visit me from NY to Atlanta and as a suprise she brought me one of my acoustic guitars - they let her take in on as carry-on and as long as it fit in the over head she was fine.

call the airline.
SRV R.I.P.
Depends some airlines dont have a problem with guitars as carry on some do. I has to cheack a guitar as luggage on a flight from china to the states. But once in the states it was carry on and they put the hardcase in one of the closets on board. So all you can do is ask.
Just ask in advance. Alot of companies are quite cool about you taking instruments onto the plane as carry on, others aren't.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Just get a hard case and put it in a soft case then put loads tape round it and check it in... should be fine ive done it before
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
A mate of mine actually paid for a second seat for his guitar!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I wonder if the guitar was in a hardshell case how much/if any damage would be invoked upon said guitar if it was put below the plane with everything else...........?
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Dostum gitarı hardcase ile yanına almayabilirler bagaja da vermek sakat olur mu acaba adamlar çat çat atıo hepsini ama üstüne kırılacak yazarlarsa ve hardcaseteyse bagaja versen de sorun olmaz herhalde onun dışında sap ile gövdeyi söküp götürmek de mantıklı tabi bolt on sa
Quote by blind.quardian
Dostum gitarı hardcase ile yanına almayabilirler bagaja da vermek sakat olur mu acaba adamlar çat çat atıo hepsini ama üstüne kırılacak yazarlarsa ve hardcaseteyse bagaja versen de sorun olmaz herhalde onun dışında sap ile gövdeyi söküp götürmek de mantıklı tabi bolt on sa

+1
Do u have any idea what he just said...somehow i don't think you speak Turkish
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
My online translator makes it pretty clear:

Friend guitar hardcase with alongside almayabilirler luggage even if give defected all right mu I wonder if man çat çat atıo all of it or them but onto kırılacak yazarlarsa and hardcaseteyse luggage version even if problem impossible in any case his except stem with body unstitched take away even if mature print bolt ten sa
guys this is pretty simple. most airlines are not going to let you exceed the carry on baggage limit - especially these days and flying to the mid-east.

either buy an extra ticket (expensive) or

send it fed ex in a hardcase and have it insured (expensive but not as expensive as a second seat.)

or take the neck off (if bolt on) and stick it in a bag and hope to get thru
Quote by TheProducer
My online translator makes it pretty clear:

Friend guitar hardcase with alongside almayabilirler luggage even if give defected all right mu I wonder if man çat çat atıo all of it or them but onto kırılacak yazarlarsa and hardcaseteyse luggage version even if problem impossible in any case his except stem with body unstitched take away even if mature print bolt ten sa

lol what was that sorry aaron I thought you were a Turk =) just said that they might not let you take it to the airplane as a hand baggage but if you give it with your baggages and let them write Fragile on it, it can come safe and i said that you can also try splitting up your guitar to neck and body... simple isnt it
Quote by blind.quardian
lol what was that sorry aaron I thought you were a Turk =) just said that they might not let you take it to the airplane as a hand baggage but if you give it with your baggages and let them write Fragile on it, it can come safe and i said that you can also try splitting up your guitar to neck and body... simple isnt it

Haha, sorry I butchered you language. That did not translate well at all, but I thought it was funny nonetheless.
I've heard so many stories about stolen axes when people check them. Some airlines are cool, some aren't. I can't remember the company but some dude makes big plastic type airplane cases that are the real deal. Its like a big plastic type box that encases your guitar case. its in the shape of a rectangular box. Best airplane travel case I've ever seen. The good thing about a rectangular box is no one knows what is inside.
Quote by blind.quardian

no i got the general jist of what u were saying, but i don't know specific words that you learn from going to turkish guitar stores and stuff. Biraz turkce biliyorum, burada oturuyorum.
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Ok, I just got back from a long trip to Poland from the US. I had to carry on my guitar and my effects board, and I got through the overseas flight, as well as 2 connecting flights, without question. I think it really depends on the airline, but for the most part, if you are using a regular hardshell case that can fit in the overhead bin, there should not be an issue.
Quote by drumguyonguitar
Ok, I just got back from a long trip to Poland from the US. I had to carry on my guitar and my effects board, and I got through the overseas flight, as well as 2 connecting flights, without question. I think it really depends on the airline, but for the most part, if you are using a regular hardshell case that can fit in the overhead bin, there should not be an issue.

wow. good to know. i stand corrected.
ive taken mine to loads o places by flight.... all you gotta do is go a lil early, so you can put it in one of the longer (emptier) overhead lockers (or cabins or wtv)... the later you board, the lesser your chances of gettin to put it up there.... the crew wont say anythin.... if they do, screw the crew..
omfg. check it in, then give it to the flight stewardess, theres a spot up front by where you walk in where they put instruments and fragile items.

i forget what its called, but theyll hand it to you when you get off the plane.

(i also have a skb case, it works great, why would they put a tsa lock if you cant bring it on a plane?)

edit: i mean checking it in as a carry on. alot of airlines are charging more for extra carry ons.
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
Last edited by bigbunny at Jun 11, 2008,
This sounds terrible, but have you ever hurt your foot and had to wear a boot?

Wear the boot! You can get up when they ask for passengers with special needs, get on first, put your guitar in a soft case in the over head bin, and voila! On the plane.

Oh, and call the airline.
that's quite the bump!

what ever you do - if you are now following this you better follow this thread as well as it was coincidental that you bumped this thread at roughly the same time we got this news:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907629
Quote by brandon_

That's not even funny. Get lost, will ya?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

when you say your guitar fit into the overhead bin, was that a regular sized guitar or a mini/travel one?
Page 1 of 2