Page 1 of 2
I don't usually drink, like.. before this all happened I probably consumed alcahol 4 times a year. It's not my kind of thing at all.

But about a month ago my Mum came home with 32 bottles of Beck's because they were on buy one get one free; because of the amount we had, I was told I could have one whenever I wanted (mainly because they were taking up valuable fridge space).

Since then, we've re filled the fridge twice.

So that's about 100 bottles of beer in a month, between me and my step dad, and about 10 for friends.

45 bottles in a month, roughly 3 units a day. For me that's a lot. A hell of a lot. I'm only 16 and before this had never drunk 2 days in a row.. we're about to run out and I'm getting quite.. nervous.

Am I just being meladramatic (sp) or should I actually be worried.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
I don't think the pit is going to be much help when it comes to alcoholism. Particularly in preventing it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I dont see the problem.

But i heard apparently ur meant to try and keep it to 2 units / day, dont really know why though
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Depends, are you worried about the fact that you're going to run out? Or just that you might have a problem?
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
So you're from Britain, you have free access to as much beer as you want, and you're complaining?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
It's just that it's such a HUGE leap for me.

To go from a champagne at weddings and christmas to 3 beers a day for a solid month is like.. huge for me.

And I know.. probably the wrong place to come for advice on alcaholism, but I know everyone will be brutally honest with me no matter what; ie. If I'm being a bitch, I'll get told.

Edit: Worried I might run out.
You're only 16? It may not be really good for your liver in the long run because you're not yet fully developed and you're already giving it loads to process. Take it easy.

And yes, you have a problem: you went to the Pit for advice.

Kidding.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by Ichimaru
So you're from Britain, you have free access to as much beer as you want, and you're complaining?

Naw, he's only grumbling. If us Brits actually complained about things, it'd be a very different place.
At what point should I start worrying then..?
You're fine, dude. Like it's been said: just take a break once in a while. Beer isn't that bad. What you don't want to develop a problem with is vodka and whiskey and that ****.
Founder and Gaz of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim club. PM me to join.

The Metal Militia
"Banging that head that doesn't bang!"

Quote by -Vogel-
All bow down for the mighty Holy Wars
im 17 if i start drinking bottles i can go through between six and ten in one night
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by JamMan*
At what point should I start worrying then..?

when your in the back of a police riot van spewing blood

edit:
what im worried about is the leap from bear to absinth, my mom went to
prauge (spelled?) and brought me back a bottle.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
It's only like 1-2 beers a day, and it's not like you're getting drunk every day. Stop drinking for a week. If it's difficult, then worry.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
when your in the back of a police riot van spewing blood

rofl.... i drink beer when i get home from work. i have ppl buy for me since im 18 and the drinking age is 21. but i figure if im old enough to live on my own and have a job i should be able to enjoy a beer or two when i get home. 3 beers a day isnt bad at all. unless u start to build up a tolerance and it goes from 3 to 4 to 5 then u should prolly stop.
Ha, you've got nothing to worry about. It's not like you're drinking a bottle of vodka a day or anything stupid like that.
Dude, water, pepsi, juice, whatever, don't drink alcoholic beverages regularly. It's NOT good for you. I only drink at parties, and just enough to get drunk, that's it. Drinking that much a day, in a couple of decades, your liver's gonna be f*cked. Only drink alcohol on special occasions, if you must at all. That's yr best bet Good luck (Y)
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by Retro Rocker
That may be true, but on the contrary, beer is good.

That may be the funniest thing I've heard in 5 days. Thanks for brightening my morning.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Teh alchols is slowly take over ur brain lolololol!!!1

Na, you dont have a problem

I feel the same when we run out of orange juice
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I don't think is alcoholism, just a habit.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Send me some beers foo'
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Kiffa
Send me some beers foo'

Yessir.

And thanks guys, I feel a lot less.. alcahollicy..? I'll take a day or 3 off and see how it goes.
Quote by iforgot539
It's only like 1-2 beers a day, and it's not like you're getting drunk every day. Stop drinking for a week. If it's difficult, then worry.

Even though if you regularly succeed about 10 units, you're more than likely gonna have alcohol related organ problems?
Quote by sirrjj
im 17 if i start drinking bottles i can go through between six and ten in one night

wow thats hardcore
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S

no problem actually 2 beers are healthy. your just being extra precautious ^_^
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
When you get the DT's will you ask someone to video it and put it on youtube?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by AlienMetalhead
The main factors of being British are getting involved with other countries affairs, not relavant i know, and COMPLAINING. I take pride in it. I even love queueing up for stuff.

If we get involved in other countries affairs, then what the f*ck is America doing? :S
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Seriously, you should cut down. Putting that stuff in your system at 16 can be dangerous. so i think just cut down alot. you dont want liver problems.
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
If we get involved in other countries affairs, then what the f*ck is America doing? :S

Ya America is the king of other affairs. We want to stick our noses into stuff just to show off our shiney new toys.
Dude, if your more worried about running out than the actual alcoholism part, you have a problem. Beer is absolutely horrible if you drink it while your brain is still in developement. If you're drinking three times a day, your brain is going to be seriously ****ed up.
/medical advice
Space reserved for cool quotes.
Quote by kikaykitko
You're only 16? It may not be really good for your liver in the long run because you're not yet fully developed and you're already giving it loads to process. Take it easy.

And yes, you have a problem: you went to the Pit for advice.

Kidding.

Thats bull****, the legal drinking age is 5 years old in the UK. It won't hurt you short term unless you are getting absolutely wrecked every night, but it could cause liver damage in the long run. It will not have a worse affect on your liver than someone of legal age.

Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
Dude, if your more worried about running out than the actual alcoholism part, you have a problem. Beer is absolutely horrible if you drink it while your brain is still in developement. If you're drinking three times a day, your brain is going to be seriously ****ed up.
/medical advice

Last edited by david_safc at Jun 10, 2008,
Page 1 of 2