I got and Ibanez grx-40 jumpstart guitar, and it keeps getting out of tune after only 5 minutes or less of playing. Is there a type of nut accessory or some sort of tuning keys that will fit on the guitar??
I have the same guitar and had(HAD) the same problem.
I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I made the tremelo float, but I also put some stuff(graphite, from a pensil, with some vaseline) in/on the nut, and it barely goes out of tune now. it even barely goes out of tune when I use the tremelo excessively.

EDIT: to make that 'stuff' take a pencil and rub it over some sandpaper(only the graphite top) then mix the graphite with some vaseline and put it on the nut. then slide the string back and forward so that the graphite will come between the strings and nut.
*note: you can also do this without the vaseline but it works 10x better with.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Last edited by Farether at Jun 10, 2008,
do you have new strings on your guitar? if so, try to stretch them a bit with your hands before playing and it will gradually stay in tune a lot more time...
If you have the bridge where it floats, that will make it go out of tune, and also make sure you are putting the strings on the tuners right, cuz that'll throw it out of tune too.
If you have a floating bridge and it goes out of tune, how do you stop it, its mainly my G string that goes out?
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
buy locking tuners? yea or a locking nut. but i mean thats kinda an effect some cheap guitars have i would think.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Go to your local musicstore (where you bought it?) and let them set it up properly
Gear: ESP Horizon
stretch string first. take it to a tech if it persists
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
buy better tuners, duh
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave