Alright, so I've owned my Peavey ValveKing 212 combo for about a year and a half. Starting a few months ago, I received this unusual static buzz. It happened once every week or two and I didn't think too much of it. I got really busy; work, school.

I started playing again last week or the week before, and it now has that noise constantly, and gets worse the louder I play. It's not guitar or cable related, because even without them plugged in the static remains. I've tried plugging it into different outlets, different rooms, and playing with every knob and button on the amp to try to see what's causing it. All four tubes are lit (granted, I don't know how bright they should be, or anything about preamp tubes etc.), and at it's worse the noise can be affected by tapping on the top of the amp.

Tube problem perhaps? I was hoping you could tell me. Thanks in advance.
Because it gets worse when you tap on the amp it sounds like a tube issue.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
tubes are cheap bro and it could prolly use the swap anyway.

This is not warrently issue. 1.5 yrs is about right. Granted i'm not the expert here.

Search on Valveking and Tubes as there has been a ton of discussion lately on swapping tubes on this amp - even brand new ones.

I could be a tube wearing out (most likely the phase inverter), a tube socket gone bad, or a broken solder joint somewhere in the amp. Start by retubing the amp (save the old tubes just in case the tubes are not the problem. It's always good to have an extra set of tubes on hand anyway.

If it's not the tubes then contact Peavy and get the ok to take it in for some warranty work.
Not taking any online orders.
I have the exact same problem with my classic 30! should i replace ALL the tubes? and how much do they cost?