Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've posted here but I have a question. Right now for my main distortion I am using an Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, which I absolutely love to death. It's great for heavy riffs and rhythms, however, I want something that will make my amp really scream when I go into a solo. I want to also simultaneously still be using the Little Big Muff. I was thinking of getting a kind of cheap distortion pedal such as the Boss DS-1 then having my chain be:

Guitar---->Little Big Muff---->Distortion pedal, overdrive, etc. ---->Amp

I'm looking for a really noisy tone, with tons of feedback and gain, when used simultaneously with my Big Muff. Currently I use my Crybaby in the Treble position to boost the volume, but it cuts out a lot of the fuzz sound. Would using a seperate distortion/overdrive pedal add enough volume and feedback to suit my needs?

Any help is appreciated guys.
what amp do you have? you might use that to create some feedback?
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
what amp do you have? you might use that to create some feedback?

Peice of crap Crate 65 watt solid state. I've tried using the fuzz with the overdrive channel but it just ends up cancelling both out and cleaning up the tone.
Hm..

How about something like a EH Booster? I dont know how much volume you'll get out it through an already distorted sound, but if you put it before your Muff, I'm sure you'll get noise and feedback out the hizouse.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Digitech Bad Monkey, I use one to boost my little big muff on the rare occasions that I do actually use it and it improves the sound a lot. Especially for leads, gives it a nice mid boost.

EDIT: You'd get better results running the overdrive before the muff, as opposed to after it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jun 10, 2008,
Try an Ibanez DS7 Distortion I get a lot of volume and gain with that as well as feedback.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Quote by FLNagle
Hm..

How about something like a EH Booster? I dont know how much volume you'll get out it through an already distorted sound, but if you put it before your Muff, I'm sure you'll get noise and feedback out the hizouse.

That actually looks pretty good. I love EH effects effects and the Nano seems right in my price range.

EDIT: Reading the reviews people keep saying it is a clean boost and does not distort the signal, I'm looking for something to further distort my sound on top of the Fuzz, which will hopefully create loads of feedback. I'm going to guitar center today, i'll try it out and ask around there for some suggestions.
Last edited by rock_and_blues at Jun 10, 2008,