Today, my Agile Dauntless finally arrived. When I started to play it, I found the pickup selector was really messed up. Whenever I switched to a different pickup, I'd get a bunch of really strange noises, then the pickup would have next to no output. Is this a bad solder joint, or do I just need a new switch? Also, does anyone have an estimate as to how much it would cost to have a new switch put in, as I'm retarded when it comes to soldering?
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
send it back, surely its covered by a warrenty?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I really don't want to send it back, as it was only $200 and plays way better than my old Epiphone standard that was double the price. The only problem is the switch, and I know it's an easy fix. But yes, it is returnable.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
sgeo couldnt yout them to replace your switch under the warrenty?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah, I know he would send me a new switch if I emailed him. I think I'm going to do that now. Honestly, I think he should pay to have mine repaired, but I'm not counting on it.
Its just the nature of low price guitars. Epis have the same problem with switches and they cost more. So the choice is send it back or fix it yourself.
Quote by TheAdict310
Yeah, I know he would send me a new switch if I emailed him. I think I'm going to do that now. Honestly, I think he should pay to have mine repaired, but I'm not counting on it.

always worth a try

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thanks everyone, I took it down to the guitar shop and they're ordering me in a switch, then they'll put it in for me. The total cost is gonna be between $30-40, and I emailed the guys at rondo about refunding me for the cost of the switch. Dunno how that will work, but it's worth a shot.
30-40$??? You should do it yourself. Someone should make a thread persuading everyone who thinks soldering is hard (I know I thought so when I had never done it before). As a matter of fact, I'm going to make that thread right now!
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster