Hey i have a Roland Micro Cube and im not sure if im happy with it or not I may have an oppurtunity to change it with a Randall RX25RM so what you say about this amp and is it worth trading with micro cube?
well i wouldnt.. but really it depends on what you want it to have, and what tone do you want.
I want a good metal tone and good cleans im dont care much about the rock tone. The Micro Cube has a heavy distortion but has no eq !!! so it makes it quite shiit! =) im confused.
Get a simple EQ pedal to place in front of it. If money's an issue, something as simple as the Danelectro Fish & Chips work's perfectly fine. It's a 7-band EQ and can usually be found betwee $30-$40USD.

Try that out first and see how you like it.

Either way, if you decide to keep the Cube or not (which I personally like myself), an EQ pedal's a nice thing to have and use for practically any amp to fine tune the tone or use as a boost.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
So is a 25 watt randall amp worse than a 2 watt micro cube? i thought more watt was better tone at same volume... i dont know much about ss randalls but i thought i might be better.
Quote by blind.quardian
So is a 25 watt randall amp worse than a 2 watt micro cube? i thought more watt was better tone at same volume... i dont know much about ss randalls but i thought i might be better.

Do you need more volume than what the Microcube can offer? If not, stick with it. Watts don't have anything to do with tone*.

*you know what I mean
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
* yes=) but since im no amp professor i read that on the stickies. i dont need more volume but the lack of eq just makes me crazy... i dont want to pay for a eq pedal cos im saving up to get a real randall rg50tc. so really a randall is worse than my small micro cube ??
Quote by blind.quardian
i will try to listen to it and see if i prefer it over the cube...

That's really the only thing you can do. Listen to both and see which you prefer.

I mentioned that Fish & Chips EQ because that's probably one of the best EQ pedals you can get at a fairly low price. The only other EQ in pedal form that catches my fancy is the MXR 10-band EQ. But you're looking at over twice the price of the Danelectro. Not to mention that if you want to save even more money, look used. You could possibly find a used Danelectro EQ for $20-30USD.

So if you're saving money for a really good amp in the future, see if you can try one of those EQ pedals out with the Cube, as it should still be much less than buying the 25watt Randall.

Think about this.

You already have the Cube for practice, and you plan on getting a rg50tc. If you get the lesser priced pedal, you can continue to use it for both, to fine tune your tone. If you get the 25watt Randall, either the Cube or the 25watt will end up sitting in the closet and become wasted money once you've gotten your rg50tc.

At least, that's the way I see it anyway.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."